2014 Book Goals Check In

Hello readers :)

So I wanted to check in on my goals I made for the year! My post is kind of all over the place, but I'd like to know your answers to the questions at the end :)

Goodreads Reading Challenge

First we have my Goodreads Reading Challenge - I set it to 50 at the beginning of the year and told myself I would not change it because I didn't want the added pressure to my reading! But let's be honest, my goal was really to read 100 books! I'm currently at 85 so I have 15 more to reach my goal! I want to change my challenge, but I'm debating because I told myself I wouldn't do that and if I don't reach 100 I'll be really bummed - and don't want Goodreads to remind me! I really hope I can read 15 more but my reading has been really slow lately so I'm nervous! Short books for the win! (totally count novellas and graphic novels too!)

(Also if you have a goodreads, feel free to add me! (https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4448196-jess))

************************************

Goals for 2014:

I made a list of goals to complete for the year, I did one last year and completed this list, lets see how I am doing on this years!

1. Reread at least 3 books (not of the same series)

SUCCESS!

- Reread the last 5 Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling

- Reread 3 of NIcholas Sparks books (The Lucky One, The Last Song, & The Guardian)

- Reread Anna and the French Kiss & Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

I know I'm going to reread A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks next month and some stories from My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins but not sure if I'll get to reread anything else although I want to!

2. Read at least 3 classics

FAIL. (so far)

- Only read 1 so far - To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

- I read a little from A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith but I DNF'd it

- Plan to read Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte this month so maybe I can squeeze one more in by the end of the year!!

3. Read at least 1 nonfiction book

FAIL. (so far)

- Haven't read any and I don't have any planned but maybe I can find something?! Probably not. I don't read that much nonfiction!

4. Finish at least 3 series

SUCCESS!

- Finished the Shatter me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi

- Maus duology by Art Spiegelman

- Anna companion trilogy by Stephanie Perkins

- Boxer & Saints by Gene Luen Yang

- Just One Day duology by Gayle Forman

- If I Stay duology by Gayle Forman

So this isn't that great since most are either duologies or graphic novels and I noticed I read quite a few books that are part of a series that I need to get on!

5. Read at least 5 books in my top ten books I want to read in 2014

FAIL. (here's the list)

- Read one, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

- Got rid of and/or no longer want to read 6 of them

- Of the last 3, I want to read Wuthering Heights this month so I may only read 2. But hey both To Kill a Mockingbird and Wuthering Heights has been on my TBR list FOREVER! And it's about time I read them :)

- The last two, The GIver and A Thousand Splendid Suns I really don't have interest reading them this year but who knows!

Well at least I completed 2, not sure how many others I'll complete but I'm happy with it and my reading year so far :)

*****************************************************

Top Ten Book I Also Want to Read in 2014

This was just another list I made of books I wanted to read.

FAIL.

I've only read 2 of them (The Dressmaker and 172 Hours on the Moon) and don't think I'll get to the rest!! I should really stop making this lists that I never complete!

************

For the rest of the year, my main goal is just to get to 100 books read. So I just have 15 more to go, I'm not going to worry about any of the other goals - I'm just going to read what I feel like reading :) Hoping to read some books that will make it to my favorites of the year list!! :)

Did you set any goals for yourself for 2014? How are you doing on them? How about your goodreads challenge? Any goals you hope to complete by the end of the year?