If We Were Having Coffee...

`

Hi guys!! So one of my favorite book bloggers, Jamie at the Perpetual Page Turner does these posts ever so often entitled "If We Were Having Coffee..." where she shares things that are on her mind that she would tell you if you guys were sitting down having a cup of coffee together and just letting all your worries flow... and I'm just in the mood to talk about some things so I'm just going to give this a go!

First things first (I'm the realest... okay sorry I had to): the way I take my coffee is with french vanilla creamer and two splendas and I like to sprinkle cinnamon on top! If I we were at a cafe, I'd most likely get a vanilla latte (I like my vanilla) What is your coffee of choice? (or if you don't like coffee, what's your drink of choice?)

Now that that's out of the way, let's chat...

If we were having coffee,

I'd tell you that I haven't been blogging much lately because I'm simply just not in the mood. I'm not inspired to write anything. As far as reviews, I just don't have much to say about the books I'm reading. I don't have enough words. Not that I'm not enjoying the books I'm reading - I just can't put much thoughts into words (side note: I decided to do mini reviews in my monthly wrap up!) I feel bad about that but I'm a mood person and I just can't do anything unless I'm in the mood!! I also think I've been putting more effort into bookstagram than any other social media (follow me if you like book pictures (sorry for that shameless plug!)

If we were having coffee,

I'd tell you that I haven't been reading as much as I want to. It's been taking me a long time to get through books and I've also been DNF'ing some books too! I couldn't tell you why! I feel like my whole mindset is changing with what I'm reading. (I really need to make a post about my reading habits and culling my bookshelves soon to explain!) With the end of the year approaching, my goodreads challenge is also stressing me out! In the beginning of the year, I made it a thing where I set my goal low (50 books) so I could keep track of my reads, but without the stress. Well let's be honest, my ultimate goal was to get to 100 books and right now I'm at 91! I'm worried I won't make it and I've been counting short stories towards my goal just so my number is better. As long as Goodreads counts it as a book, it counts right? Hehe he he .... he. This also stresses me out when choosing my next read because I stray away from bigger and slower reads because I don't want it to hold me back! *sigh*

If we were having coffee,

I'd tell you that my reading and blogging situation is definitely not the only thing stressing me out. In my life, I'm also dealing with trying to find a better job. So that's stressful!! I don't have a good one now, not making enough money to pay the bills, no health insurance and all that jazz! And I have to take my car in tomorrow to the shop because it's making noises so I'm super nervous about that! And it's so cold and heat is so expensive so I'm trying to figure the best way to handle it! And of course Christmas is coming up so I'm worried about that :/ UGH reality just gets in the way doesn't it? I'd rather a book just take me away from all my responsibilites....

If we were having coffee,

I'd tell you that I hope my next post will be happier!! I just wanted to get some things off my mind that have been stressing me out a little bit!! Hopefully when I do my Monthly favorite I'll have some good things to talk about! But this is all I have for now!!

If we were having coffee, what would you tell me? How are all of you doing? Looking forward to anything? Reading anything good? Excited for Thanksgiving next week (if you live in the US) because I am!! Are you stressing about anything or is just me?!