November Reads | Mini Reviews

Hi all :) So I didn't read quite as much as I wanted to (this is becoming a theme) but I'm pretty happy anyways! I read 5 books and 5 short stories! I didn't do ANY reviews this month, I've been really slacking so I'm going to do mini reviews in this wrap up! Let's dive in...

November Reads

1. Bloodlust (Stefan Diaries, Vol 2) inspired by L.J. Smith and the TV show, The Vampire Diaries

3.5 / 5 stars

Mini Review: I love the show and really like how these are based on the show and take place when Stefan and Damon first turned Vampires. The first one was how they met Katherine and turned and this one took place in New Orleans and it was just a fun easy read! They are enjoyable, a lot of the scenes I really liked. I loved that it was set in New Orleans too (good for the book bingo too!) and I just enjoy these! Not too much to say about it....

2. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

4.5 / 5 stars

Mini Review: I really loved this book! It was so beautifully written and really touched my heart! I love the growth in the characters, seeing how they cope with their problems, all the art involved, and I of course loved all the romances! It was a beautiful story that I highly recommend!! When I started it, I felt like it was going to be one of my favorites of the year but for some reason It didn't quite make it to the favorites category for me, but it was beautiful book!! I couldn't tell you why, but I'm really happy I read it and need to read The Sky is Everywhere!

3. Slammed by Colleen Hoover

5 / 5 stars

Mini review: This book was amazing, I loved it to pieces!!! The romance was super cute and one of my favorite types of romances! I loved the family dynamic in the story and the friendships! I related to so much in the story so at times it hit really close to home for me! The slam poetry was amazing - so deep and inspiring! I've love to see one in real life! Will and Lake have become one of my favorite couples!!! I already miss them :/ I don't know how to explain it, but this book just felt so real to me - the way she writes characters is amazing!! Colleen Hoover never disappoints - I love all of her books so far! I highly recommend this book and all of her books!! Definite favorite!

4. Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

4 / 5 stars

Mini review: This is the sequel to Slammed in Will's point of view a year after Slammed. I didn't like it quite as much but I mean, it's Colleen Hoover so I still loved it! And I enjoyed Will's point of view and just love the characters so much!! I wouldn't mind many more sequels of these two!! I really need to read This Girl (which is Slammed retold in Will's point of view) so hopefully I can get that soon!! I miss these guys :(

5. "A Father's Kiss" by Colleen Hoover

4 / 5 stars

Mini Review: This is a short story that is in the Kiss anthology (full of other short romance stories) and it's the only one I read. When I found out Colleen Hoover wrote a short story for the Slammed series in this free ebook, I needed to read it right away of course!! It takes place a few years after Slammed & Point of Retreat and is in Eddie's point of view (a friend of theirs) and it was just really cute. We got to see a little bit of what's going on with the characters and I loved it! It was really short but cute :)

6. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling

3 / 5 stars

I was in the Harry Potter mood and at the same time I wanted to read something quickly while waiting for another book so I haven't read this yet, so I picked it up and read it!! It was okay, read like a textbook - some things about the beasts were interesting, some was a little boring. I liked that the trio wrote a little bit in the margins throughout - I wish there was more of that! And pictures would have been a nice addition to this as well! If you love Harry Potter, why not read this and with movies coming out for this eventually! Not a must read, I don't see myself ever reading this again but I may refer to it when I reread Harry Potter!!

7. Maybe Not by Colleen Hoover

4.5 / 5 stars

Mini Review: This is a novella that Colleen Hoover surprised with that goes with her book, Maybe Someday. It's in Warner (secondary character) and Bridgette (another secondary character) I really liked this, it was super cute - I loved their romance! I also love that we got to see Sydney and Ridge in this as well. It took place the same time as Maybe Someday so unfortunately we didn't get an update on how the characters are doing but I still loved it!! I would love more books for this!!

8. Carswell's Guide to Being Lucky by Marissa Meyer

4 / 5 stars

Mini Review: This is a short story about Captain Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles, should be read after Cress because it's about his past that we learn a little about in Cress. At Target, it's included in it's edition of Cress. However I didn't have it but Marissa Meyer released the short story for thanksgiving in her Newsletter!! I was really excited and read it right away! I love Thorne, one of my favorite characters so this was fun to see into his past! I read all the novellas for this series so I loved this but its not necessary for the series - you just learn a little about why Thorne is the way he is!! Cute!

9. Quidditch Through the Ages by J.K. Rowling

3 / 5 stars

Mini Review: Another textbook like read for the Harry Potter series. I really don't feel that much different about it then Fantastic Beasts - it was interesting at times and at times boring. I'm surprised that I found this more interesting than Fantastic Beasts because I'm not into sports, and those aren't my favorite parts of Harry Potter! But it was interesting finding out the background of the sport and how it relates to now even though it's ficticious! (Although people do play it somehow) It was okay! Probably wouldn't read it again either but glad I read it!

10. The Duff by Kody Keplinger

3 / 5 stars

Mini review: I wanted to read this after seeing the movie trailer because it looked super cute but to be honest, I think I'm going to like the movie a lot better! Everything felt rushed, immature, wrapped up too quickly with some situations, and just meh. I didn't really like the main character that much either or her friends! It didn't feel real and I think it could have been really great! Thankfully, I liked the romance aspect - it was pretty cute. I liked Wesley but this just overall fell flat for me. I wouldn't read it again nor would I read any of her other books. Her writing is just not for me!

Favorite of the month: Slammed by Colleen Hoover, hands down!

Least Favorite of the month: The Duff by Kody Keplinger!

********

So as you can see read a good amount of Colleen Hoover books this month - one of my faves. I just have to read 2 more of her books (Losing Hope and This Girl) to be all caught up!! I had an okay month but counted the short books on my goodreads challenge and now I only have to read 5 more books to reach my goal of 100! YAY!

Have you read any of these books? What was your favorite book you read in November?