Top 5 Wednesday | Favorite Rereads

Top 5 Wednesday was created by gingerreadslainey on youtube where she picks a topic for each week and you list the top 5. Check out the goodreads page if you are interested in joining!

This week topic is... your top 5 rereads! I love rereading but I just don't make enough time for it!! But that's something I started focusing on making more time for the past 2 years! This year I've reread 11 books (5 Harry Potter, Anna & Lola by Stephanie Perkins and 4 Nicholas Sparks books) and I made a shelf on goodreads to keep track of my rereads and so far I've reread 30 books. Mind you, 12 of them are Nicholas Sparks books and 7 for the Harry Potter series! I want to continue to make time to reread some favorites!!! I would love to reread at least 10 books a year! I think rereading is important for many reasons! To experience why you love a book again, to give a book a second chance, or to see how the book has changed for you and what it means to you depending on what point in life you are reading it! Anyway, here are my top 5 favorite rereads:

1. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

This is my all time favorite book that I'm making it a thing to reread every December! I reread it last year and it was the first book I read this December! So now I've read it 4 times and that number will just grow. This book means so much to me and I love rereading it! Each time has been different but it also has been a good comfort and nostalgic read as well!

2. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

Last December I FINALLY started my reread of the series and I finished the series for the second time then end of May. It was amazing, I was always putting off the reread because the series is so big but I can't believe I waited that long! And I cannot wait to reread the series for a 3rd time and continue to reread it! :)

3. The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks

Yes, he's on the list again! He's my favorite author and I reread 4 of his books this year and besides A Walk to Remember - the Guardian was my favorite reread of the year! I love rereading his book - like I said 12/30 rereads are his books! I'm making my rounds to at least read all of his books twice and I have 6 books to go! And then I'll just keep rereading his books of course :) His books are the perfect reread for me to get my out of a slump, to enjoy his stories again - his books are liking coming home for me and yeah I could go on forever but if any knows me even a little you already know my love for this author!!

4. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry

I love this book - it's one of my favorite childhood books! It's super short and just a really good story!! I haven't reread it in awhile but that needs to change! Rereading books I've read as a child is something I love to do. Even though a part of me is so scared that I won't like the book as much now as I did as a child but so far that has not happened! I've loved my rereads of Holes, Bridge to Terabithia, the Woman in the Wall and this one!

5. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

I'm glad I made time to reread both Anna and Lola before Isla - the final book came out in August! I loved my reread of Anna but I didn't like it as much as the first time I read it. But I still really enjoyed it in a different way as well! But the first time I read Lola - I didn't like it as much as Anna and was a tad bit disappointed but I liked it much better with my reread!! It's fun to reread cute contemporaries like this and I need to reread more!!

So there's the list, I definitely have so many books I want to reread, it's kind of crazy!!

**********

What are some of your favorite books to reread?! Any that you've been DYING to reread?