December Reads | January TBR | Book Haul

Hi guys!!!! It's literally been so long since I've posted something on here!!! I hope you all are doing well!! I've just been so busy with the holidays and other life things!! And to be honest, I just don't have the urge to blog as much like I used to! Probably because I'm obsessed with instagram - there's a whole community of booklovers on there and I just love it so much!! But I still want to blog whenever I can!! I'm combining these and then I want to make a post about my favorite books of the year!

*********

Like I said December was hectic for me and I only read 3 books and 1 short story!! And this marks my worst reading month of the year!! I am still currently reading a few I started and I DNF'd a couple books and I was in a reading slump so December wasn't my month!! But let's just dive in:

December Reads

1. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

(5/5 stars - reread)

This is my favorite book and I plan to reread it every year in December so I was so excited to read it again, I started it right away and finished it within 2 days! I love this story so much, I can't even tell you!!

2. Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, & Lauren Myracle

(4 stars)

I loved this so much!! It was perfect for the holiday season and it was just so cute! I loved how each was a separate story but intertwined so well together!! My favorite was John Green's story, it's just one of my favorite kinds of romances!! Loved this - would definitely recommend and could see myself rereading this for sure!!

3. Miracle on 34th Street by Valentine Davies

(2 stars)

I thought I was going to love this but I didn't really like it. I just didn't like how it was written and I don't know if I was been a grinch or what but this story just wasn't for me! I didn't like how things happened so fast and I didn't really feel the heart in it and didn't really connect with it! I read it so quickly to just get it done and over with! I don't even think I'll watch the movie.... MEH.

4. Midnights by Rainbow Rowell (a part of My True Love Gave to Me)

(5/5 stars - reread)

I wanted to reread more stories from My True Love Gave to Me and I did reread half of Stephanie Perkins story, but didn't finish - I lost my place and it was just hectic! But I was able to sneak away to my room an hour before midnight on New Year's Eve and reread my favorite of the collection! It was the perfect way to end the year, I plan on rereading this every New Year's Eve! Just perfect, I want a full book so bad!

DNF:

1. How to Love by Katie Cotugno

- I don't know what it was I just couldn't really connect with this story so I didn't finish it and returned it to the library! I don't know if I will ever pick it up again but not in the near future!

2.The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

- I started this in November and just haven't gotten super hooked into it! I think part of the problem is I keep comparing it to Harry Potter and get disappointed! I need to stop doing that! I am around 100 pages and haven't taken my bookmark out yet so I'll go back to it if I'm in the mood I do plan on reading the series this year! Maybe it just wasn't the right time!

Currently Reading:

1. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

- I am really enjoying this book!! At first I didn't like it as much but the more I read the more I'm liking it!! It will be my first read of the new year!

2. The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons

- I fell in love with this book, the romance is to die for!!! I was so entranced in it and I don't know what happened I just stopped! I think I just needed a break to read a quick light read which I'm doing but can't wait to get sucked in again!!

3. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

- Yup still on the list! I actually read a couple chapters of this but got stuck on Eddards chapter, there not my fave chapters! Can all of them be in Jon Snow's perspective!? I'm actually thinking of waiting until I start watching the show so it can help me continue and finish this!!

***************************************

January TBR

Besides To All the Boys I've Loved Before and The Bronze Horseman, these are books I may read in January!

1. Fairest by Marissa Meyer

- This comes out January 27th and excited to read it!!

2. Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher

- Also comes out January 27th excited!!

3. Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover

- I've been wanting to read this and really have the urge to so hope I can get it!!

4. Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot

- Just got this book and it's so beautiful, hope to read it!!

I think that's all I'm going to plan for since December was so bad, who know's what I will pick up next!!!

Book Haul

Kindle Books

************

I really hope you all had an amazing Christmas and New Years and I'm looking forward to 2015 and what it will bring!! :D

Love, Jess