January & February Reads

Hey guys :)

So it's been a little over 2 months since I've last blogged! Craziness! Honestly, I just haven't had the urge to blog until now :) I hope you all are doing well!!!

I wanted to share the books I've read in the last two months with mini reviews and share my current reads :)

January Reads

1. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

(Book 1 in a duology)

[3 stars]

This book was just okay. I didn't love it as much as I was hoping. I thought it was cute, but a little too immature for my liking. Some things irritated me about the main character and I wish there was more focus on the letters and her relationships with the guys in those letters. It was cute and had some good family dynamics, but not as good as I hoped. The book itself is beautiful and I do still want to read the sequel, P.S. I Still Love You - I just won't be running out to get it!

2. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

(Book 1 in the Falling Kingdoms series)

[5 stars]

OMG I love this series!! This was such a great first book in a series. I love the characters, the twists, the romances, the plot is well done. It's amazing!! It's like A Game of Thrones for YA! It's definitely in my top 5 favorite series! It's not done yet, only the first 3 are out but I'm really looking forward to the fourth one! If you like YA fantasy, books like Throne of Glass series - I think you'll really like this series!! It's gets better with each book!!

3. Never Never (Part 1) by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher

[5 stars]

Colleen Hoover is one of my favorite authors (in fact my second favorite - Nicholas Sparks being my first) so of course I loved this!! I haven't read any of Tarryn Fisher books but I could definitely see her influence on this book since I know she writes more dark intense type of mystery thriller books! This was soooo good, I loved the writing and I love the mystery of not knowing what is happening! I could not put this down and I am dying for Part 2 that comes out in May!! I cannot wait to see what happens!! So good!

4. Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg

[5 stars]

I LOVED this book!!! It was sooooo cute!! I absolultey love romance stories like this!! At first I didn't think I would like it as much but the more I read the more I fell in love with the characters and this story!!! Best friend love is my favorite and I need more books like this!! It reminds me of Rainbow Rowell's story, "Midnights" in the holiday anthology, My True Love Gave to Me - so if you liked that or just like cute romantic stories I highly recommend this one! I will definitely be rereading this one time and time again!!

_____________________________________________

February Reads

1. Alienated by Melissa Landers

(Book 1 in the Alienated series)

[3 stars]

I picked this one up on a whim and it was just okay. I liked the premise of it and the start of it but then quickly got bored with the story and had to force myself to finish! I just wasn't invested in the characters and it was all melodramatic! Definitely reminded me of a Disney Channel movie or tv show! I think what killed it for me is I wasn't that fond of the romance - the way it was done. I just didn't really feel it. I don't know I just feel 'Meh" about the book and don't think I'll continue with the series!

2. Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover

(Book 2 in the Hopeless duology)

[5 stars]

Colleen Hoover, do I need to say more?? I've been wanted to read this one for awhile. I read Hopeless, my first Colleen Hoover book back in August of 2014 so I was waiting to read this because it was essentially the same story told through the male perspective! Although in this we hear about his life and why he is the way he is along with how he met Sky and we see things through his perspective and I loved it! I liked it more than Hopeless, Dean is a great character!! I loved hearing his side and seeing him cope with things that happened in his life! It was beautiful and I definitely recommend you read it, it's well worth the read if you enjoyed Hopeless!

3. The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons

(Book 1 in a trilogy)

[5 stars]

WOW, this book is amazing!!! I started it in November and when I was on vacation I finally finished it and man it's such an epic book with one of the best romances I have ever read!!! The writing, the story, it's beautiful!! You get sucked in like you are right there with the story going through the heartache and all that the main character goes through! She's amazing!! And the romance, omg omg Alexander!! There was a bit of a stretch during the second part that I felt a bit bored and it got a bit too much with the intimate romance if you know what I mean, but then it picked back up and was just an amazing read! I cannot wait to continue with the trilogy!! They are big books but well worth the read!! Highly recommend especially if you like WWII historical fiction and epic romances!

4. Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes

(Book 2 in the Falling Kingdoms trilogy)

[5 stars]

There is much more to say but I just love this series and it just gets better with the plot and the direction it goes in! I love the additional character perspectives we got, it just gets better!! Its amazing, go read Falling Kingdoms already!!

5. Easy by Tammara Webber

[2.5 stars]

Meh. A lot of people recommend this one when recommending New Adult books but I was disappointed! I liked it at first, it was a fast read. But the preachyness of it (meaning I just hate when books take a subject like rape in this case and just tries to teach you about it and shows how to overcome it in the middle of a story) I can't explain it that well, but it took away from the story and made it cheesy and I don't know it just wasn't done well in my opinion. It seemed more of a story about rape rather than an actual story. I just don't like books like that. I've read plenty that deal with a certain tough topic but are just done better than this was. I don't know. I'm glad I read it because it's highly recommended and I want to get more and more into NA but I returned it that's how much I didn't care for it.

6. Fairest by Marissa Meyer

(Book/Novella 3.5 in the Lunar Chronicles)

[4 stars]

I thought this was pretty good, it was nice reading more in the Lunar Chronicles series since it's one of my favorites! It was interesting to see the background of the Queen but of course this doesn't compare to the actual books. I was just disappointed because I just want Winter!! But this was definitely good to read before Winter - it did set up the story since we get to meet Winter and of course Queen Levana is her stepmother so it was good to see her background!! I'm just dying for Winter!! But I definitely think you should read this, it was a solid 4 stars!

7. Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes

(Book 3 in the Falling Kingdoms series)

[5 stars]

AMAZING!! I love this series, there's nothing left to say! As I said it just gets better and better!! I am dying to get my hands on Frozen Tides the 4th book that comes out in the fall!! She is also releasing a spin off that will be like a contemporary and a fantasy in the Mytica world in one! I'm so excited for that too!

______________________________________________

Current Reads

In the month of March I have read 6 books and 1 novella so far which I'm really happy about!! I hoping to at least get to 10 things read by the end of March and I think I can do it!! Hopefully even more which would be awesome! I'm in between books so right now I'm rereading The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks that I started in February and (a Game of Thrones is still on my current reads since August! One day it will get read) hoping to finish soon! I'm more than half way and wanted to finish by the end of March! I have just been distracted by new books that I haven't read yet! The movie comes out in April and I'm really excited to see it! I think I will just continue with it until I finish but I'm not sure if I'll pick up anything else! I was trying to get a book from overdrive ebook library but having trouble getting it on my kindle since it's an ePUB and also expecting 2 graphic novels from the library!

_______________

How are you guys and what are you currently reading?? What's your favorite book so far of 2015?

( As far as stand alone books go, I'd say Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg and series, the Falling Kingdom series!)

Anyway, happy reading! Missed you all :)

- Jess