March Reads

Hey guys, in March I read 8 books, 1 novella, and 1 graphic novel! It's one of the better reading months I've had in awhile although the last week I got in a reading slump that I'm still trying to get out of!! Here are my reads:

1. Magnolia by Kristi Cook (5 stars):

This was a super cute southern romance that I read in a day!!

2. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout (3.5 stars):

This was just okay, not nearly as good as I was expecting but I'll still eventually continue with the series (I think)

3. Shadows (0.5 novella) by JLA (2.5 stars):

This was just okay, it was just like the first book in the series, Obsidian. This series so far just doesn't seem very original to me and not well thought out!

4. Confess by Colleen Hoover (4.5 stars):

I love Colleen Hoover so I really enjoyed this! It was beautiful, but I didn't fully connect with the characters in this one like I have with her others!

5. The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen (4.5 stars):

I loved this book, especially the characters and I flew through this!!

6. The Redemption of Callie & Kayden by JS (3 stars):

I needed to pick this one up right away but overall I definitely didn't enjoy it as much as the first. It was more about overcoming obstacles. I'm not sure if it was just me or it was just too much for me! The secondary characters Seth & Luke really saved this for me since it was kind of depressing and I'm excited to read their stories!

7. The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen (4.5 stars):

I definitely needed a break from darker angsty love stories so I picked up something different! I loved this book, I really love this authors writing and the story was so beautiful and inspiring!

8. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (5 stars):

I LOVED this book, I immediately got drawn into the story and felt connected with the characters! It was such a beautiful, inspiring and heartbreaking story that really made me think about my own life! It definitely was a bit of a life changing story for me! I just really connected with the story! I am excited to read more from this author!

9. Through the Woods (graphic novel) by Emily Carroll (3 stars):

This was one of the better graphic novels I have read - I really liked the art and each of the dark stories but it didn't blow me away like I was expecting! I was expecting to be left in shock with how the stories came together but I just didn't get it. I would read more from this author though!

10. Even in Paradise by Chelsea Philpot (3.5 stars):

I loved the storytelling and the characters. I liked how it felt (or maybe it was) a retelling of The Great Gatsby and the mysterious kind of way it was written. Hard to explain. I liked it overall just it fell flat at the end for me. I was left with "really that's the big deal?" I was expecting something bigger but still liked it overall!

Least favorite read: Obsidian by JLA. I was just disappointed.

Favorite read: Me Before You by JM hands down!! Highly recommend!!

****

What was your favorite read of March??