Booktube - A - Thon Wrap Up

Divergent - Veronica Roth The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald By Sue Monk Kidd: The Secret Life of Bees - -Penguin (Non-Classics)- Seriously...I'm Kidding - Ellen DeGeneres Chain Reaction  - Simone Elkeles 3 Willows: The Sisterhood Grows - Ann Brashares The Works of Edgar Allan Poe Volume One - Edgar Allan Poe

Overall I read 7 books during the readathon and completed 6 of the challenges!

1. Divergent by Veronica Roth - I read this the first day and finished on Day 2 (487pgs)

Challenge: Almost 500+ read, so this book did not complete a challenge

- Then I read some of Insurgent and put it down on Day 2 and couldn't finish it, not a huge fan of the series, sad to say since so many love it. Maybe pick it up at a later date. (170pgs)

2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - finished the whole on Day 2 (189pgs)

*Challenge: Read a classic*

3. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd - Started on Day 2, finished on Day 6 - I was taking this one slowly (302pgs)

*Challenge: Reread a book*

- on Day 3, I read 42 pages of Fly Away by Kristin Hannah and haven't picked the book back up

4. Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen Degenerous - Started on Day 4 and finished on Day 5 (241pgs)

*Challenge: Listen to an audiobook*

5. Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles - Started and finished on Day 6 (308pgs)

Challenge: Finish a Series

6. 3 Willows by Ann Brashares - Started the first 13 pages on Day 1, put it down until I started over and finished on Day 7 (319pgs)

*Challenge: Read a book that's been on your TBR shelf forever*

7. Edgar Allan Poe Tales (5 of them) - Started and finished in the last hour before midnight on Day 7 (47pgs)

- So with reading 7 books and starting 2 other ones, my page count is 2,105 pages during the booktube-a-thon which makes me complete the last challenge, reading an average of 300 pages per day!

My favorite challenge: This is a toss up between the reread and listening to an audiobook. I always like the excuse to reread a favorite without having to feel to bad about my tbr pile and I also really enjoyed the audiobook which was my first real experience with it (my first finished one) and I really enjoyed it and want to listen to more!! It has to be a certain kind of book and a certain kind of narrator.

My favorite read: This one is pretty hard because of course I enjoyed my reread of the Secret Life of Bees, I also loved The Great Gatsby and loved Seriously...I'm Kidding! I'm going to pick Seriously...I'm Kidding due to the fact how enjoyable it was to listen to Ellen reading her book and actually enjoying an audiobook for once and it making me want to read more!

My least favorite read: Sadly, Divergent - everyone loves this trilogy but I just didn't enjoy it. Technically Insurgent would be it because I couldn't bring myself to finish it. I still do plan on giving it another chance one day, but not now. Maybe when I'm in the mood for it and the hype dies down!

I am pretty happy with my week! This was the first readathon I have ever participated in and had so much fun and can't wait to do more and especially looking forward to next year's booktube-a-thon!

Q: Did you participate in the booktube-a-thon?If so what was your favorite challenge and book you read?

[The booktube-a-thon was started by ArielBissett and PadfootandProngs07 on booktube that goes from July 15-21]