Project 10 Books

Everything Is Illuminated - Jonathan Safran Foer Distant Waves - Suzanne Weyn The Giver  - Lois Lowry The art of racing in the rain - Garth Stein The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho By Jason F. Wright: The Wednesday Letters - What Happened to Goodbye - Sarah Dessen The Castaways: A Novel - Elin Hilderbrand The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde The Darkest Minds - Alexandra Bracken

I'm not sure where this was first started, but the concept is to not buy any more books until you read a certain list of 10 books on your tbr shelf! I am also banning myself from borrowing anymore books from the library besides the one I currently borrowed that will be on this list. I was going to start this after I read it, but I made my list of books I'm really excited to read now and I don't have the library book yet (I requested it and it is finally in transit to me! but I'm not sure what day and I'm not currently reading anything so I want to start one) I also wanted to start this right away because Nicholas Spark's new book comes out September 17 and there's NO way I am going to let a "book buying ban" get in the way of that! And August will be busy so I'm not sure how much reading I will be able to get done! So hopefully this works out! Without further ado, these are the books I plan on reading before I buy any more books (free ones don't count :)

1. Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer

2. Distant Waves by Suzanne Weyn

3. The Giver by Lois Lowry

4. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

5. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

6. The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright

7. An unread Sarah Dessen book on my shelf (This Lullaby, Dreamland, or What Happened to Goodbye) [Yup, giving myself some leeway but I'm not sure which one I want to read more]

8. An Elin Hilderbrand book on my shelf (the Castaways, Barefoot, Nantucket Nights, or the Blue Bistro) and some more leeway... I really want to read one of her books, haven't read one from her yet!

9. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde

10. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (the library book)

Hopefully this will be a success!!

Update: I failed miserably!! It's mixture between a book addiction, awesome booksales near me, and not wanting to read a strict set of books - why I never really read required books in high school... :/ I did read two of the books on this list since, The Art of Racing in the Rain and The Darkest Minds but not sure if it was before or after I failed.. OOPS!