1. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare --- 5/5 stars
2. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris --- 3/5 stars
3. Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen --- 5/5 stars
4. Coraline by Neil Gaiman --- 4/5 stars
5. Beautiful Days by Anna Godbersen --- 5/5 stars
6. The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories Vol 1 by Joseph Gordon-Levitt
7. The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories Vol 2 by Joseph Gordon-Levitt
(Both of the tiny books, I listened/watched from youtube, Gingerbooknerd's channel)
8. The Lucky Ones by Anna Godbersen --- 5/5 stars
9. Divergent by Veronica Roth --- 3/5 stars
10. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald --- 5/5 stars
11. Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen Degenerous (audiobook) --- 5/5 stars
12. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (reread) --- 5/5 stars
13. Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles --- 4/5 stars
14. 3 Willows: The Sisterhood Grows by Ann Brashares --- 4/5 stars
15. 5 Tales from Edgar Allan Poe (Tell-Tale Heart, The Masque of the Red Death, The Cask of Amontillado, The Pit and the Pendulum and Hop-Frog) --- 4/5 stars
16. Sunday at Tiffany's by James Patterson (reread) --- 3.5/5 stars
Favorite read: It's a toss up between Clockwork Princess, the final book in the Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare which was amazing and heartbreaking, definitely a favorite series now. And also loved the Bright Young Things trilogy by Anna Godbersen, also a now favorite series. It was amazing, the Luxe series by her is also a favorite of mine and I can't wait for what she writes next!!
Honorable mentions: Of course I loved The Secret Life of Bees, one of my favorite books and so glad I finally read The Great Gatsby - amazing book and can't wait to see the newest movie! And also thoroughly enjoyed Ellen's book, Seriously...I'm Kidding which was so funny and honest and it was an audiobook where she narrated it and has definitely sparked an interest in listening to more audiobooks!
Least Favorite Read: Sadly, I'd have to say Divergent by Veronica Roth. This book has been so hyped up and I had so many expectations that it just didn't live up to. I was disappointed but still want to continue the series and hope I change my mind on it.
Books I gave up on (for the time being):
1. Fly Away by Kristin Hannah (read 50 pages of)
2. The House at Riverton by Kate Morton (read 291 pages of)
3. Insurgent by Veronica Roth (read 170 pages of)
--- These all were library books, so Fly Away I wasn't in the mood for and it was due back. Sadly I wasn't enjoying the House at Riverton so I had to put it down because after 170 pages I was barely paying attention so I decided one day when I own it and am in the mood to dedicate more time to it, I will read it. And yeah since i didn't enjoy Divergent all that much, i couldn't get into Insurgent and I was forcing myself to read it so I had to give up on it.
August is going to be pretty busy since I will be moving so I'm not sure how much reading I will get done. I do have Project 10 Books (previous post) that I want to read those books by September 17 when I plan on buying Nicholas Sparks new novel, The Longest Ride. So we will see if I am able to complete that.
1. Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert (on audiobook)
2. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
Other than the Project 10 Books, I may read:
1. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (is on the Project 10 list) but it's something I'm definitely reading since I have it out from the library )
2. Thinking about rereading a Nicholas Sparks novel, possibly Safe Haven
3. Hopefully finding another audiobook to listen to! Maybe Traveling with Pomegranates by Sue Monk Kidd!