August Reads and September TBR

The art of racing in the rain - Garth Stein Committed: A Love Story - Elizabeth Gilbert Love Story - Jennifer Echols Safe Haven - Nicholas Sparks The Darkest Minds - Alexandra Bracken Girl with Guitar - Caisey Quinn The Longest Ride - Nicholas Sparks In Time - Alexandra Bracken

August Reads:

August wasn't the best reading month for me, I was moving and starting a new job so I was very busy. I only finished 4 books and read about half of two others.

1. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein [4/5 stars]

- I thought this was a very good warm-hearted story.

2. Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert 04/5 stars]

- I listened to this on audiobook and enjoyed it. Not as much as Eat, Pray, Love which is one of my favorite books but it was very interesting with the research on marriage she incorporated into her story of her dealing with marrying a second time and marrying someone from a foreign country. [The second book I had success with listening to on audiobook, most likely because she read it herself and it was nonfiction.]

3. Love Story by Jennifer Echols [3/5 stars]

- This was my first novel I read by Jennifer Echols. I really enjoyed the beginning and the premise of the book but I found the two main characters really annoyed me by the second half and I ended up not enjoying it all that much. I'm still looking forward to reading another book by her, most likely Such a Rush since I hear lots of good things about it!

4. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks [5/5 stars]

- This was a reread for me, Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors and I was in the mood to reread one of his books. I love this one! I'm just so excited for his new book, The Longest Ride to come out!! September 17!

• Favorite Read: Of course this goes to my reread, Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. But my favorite new read would probably be Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert. I was really glad to read another one of her books and especially since it was the follow-up to Eat, Pray, Love. And I was also happy to have another successful audiobook experience!

• Least Favorite Read: Love Story by Jennifer Echol for the reasons said above.

Currently Reading:

1. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken - I am almost halfway through and am enjoying it, not as much as I thought I would be with all the hype but I'm looking forward to finishing it and reading the novella, In Time.

2. Girl with Guitar by Caisey Quinn - this is just okay, going into it i didn't know it was going to be so racy - I was hoping for a good country romance. I'll finish it eventually since I bought the e-book (my first e-book purchase) but it's just okay. I like the premise of the story just not so much the content and the story itself.

September TBR:

I hope to finish both of the books I am currently reading and:

1. The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks (out 9/17!)

2. In Time (novella) by Alexandra Bracken

3. Books from my latest bookhaul! (previous post)

Not sure what else I'll want to read, hopefully this month is better than August!

Q: What did you read in August (fave, least fave)? Is there any book you are really excited to read in September?