The Book Sacrifice Tag

A tag that was created by the booktuber, Ariel Bissett (video linked at the bottom) where you have 4 scenarios in which you get to talk about a book you didn't like...

Scenario #1: An Over-hyped Book

Let's start this off with a Zombie Apocalypse! Let's say you're in a book store, just browsing, when BAM! ZOMBIE ATTACK. An announcement comes over the PA System saying that the military has discovered that the zombies' only weakness is over-hyped books. What book that everyone else says is amazing but you really hated do you start chucking at the zombies knowing that it will count as an over-hyped book and successfully wipe them out?!

MY CHOICE: the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy by E.L. James

Reason: These books were not my cup of tea!! Never mind all the mature content, but the writing was terrible! And Ana was beyond annoying... "Oh Christian is so beautiful..." "My inner goddess..." AGH.

(Over-hyped nominees: Room by Emma Donoghue, White Oleander by Janet Fitch, and Divergent by Veronica Roth ( I know, I know I am sad about this too... I'm hoping to give this one another try when they hype dies down and hope my opinion changed! It just wasn't original - my expectations were too high)

Scenario # 2: A Sequel

Let's say you've just left the salon with a SMASHING new haircut and BOOM: Torrential downpour. What sequel are you willing to use as an umbrella to protect yourself?

MY CHOICE: Charlie & the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl

Reason: I love Roald Dahl and so many of his books, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory is one of my favorites and this sequel was so disappointing!! It was a whole other story and we didn't get any further in how Charlie is doing with the factory...

(Sequel Nominees: The End by Lemony Snicket, Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer, & Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins)

Scenario # 3: A Classic

Let's say you're in a lecture and your English teacher is going on and on about how this classic changed the world, how it revolutionized literature and you get so sick of it that you chuck the classic right at his face because you know what? This classic is stupid and it's worth detention just to show everyone how you feel! What Classic did you chuck?

MY CHOICE: The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham

Reason: While I liked the writing and the narration and the characters, the story was pointless! I didn't take anything away from it... Not sure why it's a classic...

(I haven't read a whole lot of classics but this is my least favorite. Most of the ones I have read, I love - so no nominees)

Scenario #4: Your Least Favorite Book of Life!

Let's say that you're hanging out at the library when BAM global warming explodes and the world outside becomes a frozen wasteland. You're trapped and your only chance for survival is to burn a book. What is the book you first run to, your least favorite book of all life, what book do you not fully regret lighting?

MY CHOICE: A Million Little Pieces by James Frey

Reason: While I was reading it, I was not enjoying it - I hated the writing style and I don't like to read about drug addicts so that didn't help. Half way through I found out most of the story was fabricated which made me angry and I put it down and never looked back!!

(Least fave nominees: Jemima J by Jane Green and Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. I wouldn't mind burning that trilogy... )

Disclaimer: Sorry if you love any of these books I mentioned, they just weren't my fave

Q: What would your answers be? Do you agree on any of my choices? Or what are some of your least favorite books?

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_2UxYi8fOA