Top 10 Books Booktube Made Me Buy

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green House Of The Scorpion - Nancy Farmer Winger - Andrew  Smith Angelfall  - Susan Ee Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell The Bronze Horseman  - Paullina Simons The Darkest Minds - Alexandra Bracken Dash & Lily's Book of Dares -  'David Levithan', 'Rachel Cohn' Divergent - Veronica Roth Amy & Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson

Some of you may be wondering... what is booktube? Well, it's people that vlog about books (reviews, recommendations, favorites, hauls...etc) on youtube! I found booktube this past April and am SO glad I did! If you love reading as much as I do and don't have many people to gush about books with, tune in to booktube! Seriously! I currently don't have a channel, but really enjoy watching videos from: Bookables, Ermahgerd Berks (aka jhaugn18), priceiswong, kimberleysbooknook, coldteandcrumbs, littlebookowl, jessethereader, peruseproject, penelopespicks, and many more!!

One of the biggest things I love about watching booktube is the recommendations you get! These are the top 10 books I bought because of booktube :) I haven't read them all, but am really excited to read the ones i haven't and really liked the ones I have! [These are books I have not heard of before booktube]

1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 4/5 stars

- I can't believe I haven't heard of John Green before booktube! A lot of people had this book in their "Top 12 Books of 2012" videos so I had to check it out! And I really enjoyed the book! And looking forward to reading his other books! I first discovered the book on gingerbooknerd's channel in mentioned video.

2. The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer

- I first heard about this book from peruseproject when she was reading it and was highly recommending it! It also has a few awards so I'm excited to read this!

3. Winger by Andrew Smith 5/5 stars

- I first heard about this book from padfootandprongs07 - she loves this book and was talking about how funny and great it is. One day, it was on kindle daily deals so I snatched it up and read it right away and it's an amazing book! I really enjoyed it far more than I thought I would!

4. Angelfall by Susan Ee

- I first heard of this book from polandbananasbooks where she was gushing about the book. And then other people started reading it and really enjoying it as well! I also saw this on kindle daily deals and snatched it up! I haven't read it yet, but looking forward to it! It will be my first "Angel" book! (Angel books don't get a lot of good reviews, but I heard this one is actually really good!)

5. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell 4/5 stars

- I believe I first heard of this book from Ermahgerd Berks (aka jhaugn18) but it was buzzing around booktube so much! I read it and really enjoyed it like everyone else! I also read Fangirl by this author and also really enjoyed it and will continue to love this author and her books!

6. The Bronze Horseman Trilogy by Paullina Simons

- I heard about this trilogy from littlebookowl, she read it and said it's one of her favorite series! It sounds like a series I will really enjoy and so far I got the first book, can't wait to get the others and read the trilogy!

7. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken 4/5 stars

I believe the first person I learned about this book was from peruseproject when she got it and was really wanting to read it. And she loved it! I also read it and really enjoyed it and cannot wait to continue the series! the novella (Book, 1.5) In Time is out as well as the second book in the trilogy, Never Fade! [polandbananasbooks did an interview with the author and it was awesome and made me like the author even more (and want to support her more) with how cool and down to earth she seems!)

8. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

I think the first person to recommend this was elizziebooks and then others have mentioned it. I read Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by these authors and really enjoyed it (heard of that one prior to booktube) and I will be reading this book hopefully in December!

9. Divergent by Veronica Roth 3/5 stars

I first heard about this book from allisonvlogs (aka amarixe (beauty channel)) - she talked about how she read this book in one sitting. Of course after seeing her video, I noticed everyone talking about this trilogy and everyone loves it to pieces. However when I finally read it, I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as everyone else. I didn't see the hype nor did I think it was all that original. I even read a 1/3 of the way into the sequel, Insurgent and just could not read any more! Maybe one day I'll give it another try when the hype dies down, but maybe I'll just deal with being in the minority that does not love this series.

10. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

I heard about this book from bookables since she really likes it and have been so excited to read it because it sounds like a book I will really enjoy. I will be reading it this month since I'm in a bookclub known as the Chick Lits held by booktubers: bethjune327, booksarelovex3 and Ermahgerd Berks (aka jhaugn18) and am very excited to read it!

Honorable Mentions:

These are other books I also bought because of booktube:

1.  172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad (recommended by arielbissett and padfootandprongs07)

2. The Thief Lord (And Ink trilogy) by Cornelia Funke (recommended by arielbissett and I have seen the ink trilogy on booktubers shelves)

3. The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley (recommended by kimberleysbooknook)

4. Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle (recommended by littlespider8)

5. Left Drowning by Jessica Park (recommended by bethjune327)

6. The Program by Suzanne Young (recommended by katytastic and ermahgerd berks)

7. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan (seen on xobssessedreaderx 's channel)

8. The Lonely Hearts Book Club by Elizabeth Eulberg (recommended by ermahgerd berks)

9. The Secret History by Donna Tart (recommended by heavyshelves, seen on jessethereader's channel)

10. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout (recommended by katytastic and kassidy voinche)

11. Unteachable by Leah Raeder (recommended by inabookcorner)

12. Rot & Ruin by Johnathan Maberry (recommended by abookhobbit)

13. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith (either by rinceyreads or getbookish)

I believe these were all the books I bought because of booktube (and heard of strictly from booktube) But there are definitely more I want to buy based on booktube!!