Top 10 Movies or TV Shows I Liked Better than Their Books

Sundays at Tiffany's - James Patterson, Gabrielle Charbonnet P.S. I Love You - Cecelia Ahern Practical Magic - Alice Hoffman Gossip Girl - Cecily von Ziegesar Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood: A Novel (paperback) - The Pianist: The Extraordinary True Story of One Man's Survival in Warsaw, 1939-1945 - Wladyslaw Szpilman, Władysław Szpilman Pride and Prejudice (Puffin Classics) - Linda M. Jennings, Linda Jennings, Jane Austen Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe - Fannie Flagg The Awakening  - L.J. Smith Asking for Trouble - Elizabeth Young

I love reading books that have been turned into a movie (or watching the movie and finding out it was based on a book!) Usually the books are always better (and there are some I love equally even if they are very different (i.e. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks) but I have actually come up with 10 books where I love the movie more! I also have 2 book series that were made into TV series that I like better.

1. Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson

- The first time I read the book, I thought it was okay - found out their was a movie based on it and watched and LOVED. So I decided to give the book another go to see if I liked it more, while I liked it a bit more than the first time I read it, the movie is still better.

2. P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

- The movie adaption is quite different from the book and I liked the movie version much better. The book was just okay. It's definitely more chick-litty than a good heartwarming romance story.

3. Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman

- This is one of my all time favorite movies and I was quite disappointed when I read the book. I was expecting something more like the movie, but this one is very different than the movie!!

4. Gossip Girl series by Cecily von Ziegesar

- The T.V. series is quite different from the books and I definitely prefer it over the books! The books are kind of fun when reading, but in the end they are just okay. I love the TV show however the first 3 seasons are definitely the best (So far I have only read 9/13 books)

5. The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells

- I read the book thought it was okay and then watched the movie and just liked it more! It's not one of my favorites or anything, the story was just better as a movie in my opinion

6. The Pianist by Wladyslaw Szpilman

- I did see the movie first and Adrian Brody did such a great job as Wladyslaw - the movie is so good. The book was essentially the same story but not as impactful I think do to the simple storytelling. I feel bad for saying this because of course it's tragic story and it's nonfiction but I'm just being honest

7. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen

- It's one of my favorite movies, the one with Keira Knightley and the book is so difficult to read and really get into the story... although it's just an amazing love story all around.

8. Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg

- I love this movie so much and the book disappointed me. It leapt from character to character, it was too quirky and didn't have enough heart to it.

9. The Vampire Diaries series by L.J. Smith

- I liked the series (read the first original series so far) but it's one of my favorite shows that I liked better than the books! I liked Elena better in the show and also Damon... I mean Ian Somerhalder?! Yes please!

10. The Wedding Date/Asking for Trouble by Elizabeth Young

- I love the movie and barely even remember the book - not as good.

What are some movies you love better than their books?