December Reads and January TBR

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares -  'David Levithan', 'Rachel Cohn' The Diviners - Libba Bray A Walk to Remember - Nicholas Sparks The One and Only Ivan - Patricia Castelao, Katherine Applegate The Moth in the Mirror - A.G. Howard Fracture Me - Tahereh Mafi Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone  - J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  - J.K. Rowling A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens The 5th Wave - Rick Yancey

December Reads:

1. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan (4/5 stars)

- I really enjoyed reading this as I have their previous book (Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist) it was also nice reading it closer to christmas time as it is centered around christmas and New Years! Definitely recommend to read around Christmastime or if you are feeling nostalgic for Christmastime! It's cute!

2. The Diviners by Libba Bray (5/5 stars)

- I freaking LOVED this book so much!! I loved that it was set in the 1920s, the characters, the murder mystery, the different perspectives, all of it so beautiful!! Cannot wait for the next book! Highly recommend!

3. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks (5/5 stars)

- I say it enough but Nicholas Sparks is my favorite author and this is my 3rd time reading my favorite book of his! I didn't realize how perfect it is to read during Christmas time! I love this book, it's a favorite :)

4. The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate (4.5/5 stars)

- I really enjoyed this cute story! I felt really connected with the characters (yes they were animals) and it was really sad at times and a little depressing but it ended up being so freaking cute and I just loved the way it ended and the characters! Beautiful story!

5. The Moth in the Mirror by A.G. Howard (3.5/5 stars)

- I read Splintered early this year and it was okay to me. I think the reason I didn't love it was because I don't love Alice in Wonderland (it's not my favorite it's okay) but I got an arc for the second book, Unhinged but I saw that there was a novella so I wanted to read that first. I really like the novella and seeing both Jeb's and Morpheus's perspective! I think you should definitely read this novella with the series!

6. Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi (5/5 stars)

- Oh my goodness do I love the Shatter Me series!! This is novella 2.5 bought at midnight the day of the release and devoured it! This novella officially made me completely Team Warner no questions about it! (I was confused with my feelings) Highly recommend this addicting series and I cannot wait for Ignite Me the final book!! (and anything else she writes!)

7. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling (5/5 stars)

- I've been wanting to reread Harry Potter for awhile and I decided it was about time! I first read this the summer before my senior year of High school! It's been awhile since I read it but I also read it pretty late! (I was too cool for Harry Potter when it came out in grade school for me lol) I believe it was my 3rd time reading the first one, not sure when I read it the first time though! But I really loved rereading this! It's almost as magical as the first time! It still surprised me though there was a lot I forgot!!

8. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (5/5 stars)

- Just continuing on with my reread of the series! The rest of the series will go slowly, but I'll be rereading them along with reading other books! Loved this of course, and it still surprised me! I have both forgotten so much and remembered so much! This one will probably be my least favorite of the series overall though!

9. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (5/5 stars)

- This was another reread for me (4 rereads in a month!) I wanted to reread this again at Christmas time and I did :) From my beautiful cloth bound illustrated edition! Unfortunately it was abridged but at least I still got to read the story in this awesome way!

10. Harry Potter: The Prequel by J.K. Rowling (3/5 stars)

- Technically this isn't really a book, it's only 4 pages but I still counted it! I was really disappointed by this as it was just some random scene involving Sirius and James Potter - it didn't seem important to the story... it could have been an added memory to the series instead. The thing that bugged me is that it's called a prequel when it definitely was not! I still liked the little story but really wish she would write more for the series either a prequel or some kind of sequel! That would be awesome!

11. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (4/5 stars)

- At first it was hard to get into, with it jumping around and it was also weird reading from one perpective for so long and jumping into anothers a couple of times. But once I got into the story I got used to it and prefered Ben Parish's/Zombie's POV. I felt like the story got better as you read it but their were some faulty parts - like I didn't fully buy or like the love story on Cassie's side but still really liked this book and can't wait for the next!

January TBR:

1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

- I am currently rereading this one!

2. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

- This was pick for a bookclub I'm in! I've tried reading this before and couldn't get into it but hopefully I can this time and will end up liking it since I have liked her other work!

3. I'm not sure... I definitely want to continue on with the Harry Potter series, not sure if I'll finish another one, I also want to start the Percy Jackson series I got for Christmas, and I have a lot to read on my kindle! A lot of series I want to start!

Have you read anything I have? What did you read in December? Plan to read in January?