These are the goals I want to set for myself to accomplish in 2014:
1. Reread at least 3 books
- Books in the same series do not count
2. Read at least 3 classics
3. Read at least 1 nonfiction book
4. Finish at least 3 series
- Whether I start them in 2014 or earlier
5. Read at least 5 of the books in my top 10 list of books I hope to read in 2014
I don't want to put any pressure on myself this year with reading books. I just want to enjoy reading and not feel the pressure of not reading enough! But I do want to accomplish these goals!
These are my goals I set out for 2013 and how I did:
1. Read 5 Classics (completed)
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Black Beauty by Anne Sewell, and The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham :) Also read some short stories from Edgar Allan Poe!
2. Reread 1 book (completed)
- I reread 8 books this year! The Notebook, Safe Haven, and A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks, Harry Potter 1 & 2 by J.K. Rowling, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, and Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson
3. Finish 2 series I started (completed)
- The Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, The Summer trilogy by Jenna Han, The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare, Bright Young Things trilogy by Anna Godbersen, The Perfect Chemistry trilogy by Simone Elkeles and two sequels, Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert and Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl
4. Read 3 books you started and put back on the shelf (completed)
- The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory, The Boy in Striped Pajamas by John Boyne, and Marley & Me by John Grogan
5. Read 1 Non fiction book (completed)- Marley & Me by John Grogan, Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert, Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen Degenerous, Night by Ellie Weisel and Salty Aftertaste by Jason Llyod
I think I did pretty darn well in 2013 and hope to achieve my bookish goals this year!
Good luck to all of those who set out bookish goals :)
*Link to my Top 10 list of Books I Hope to Read in 2014: http://msbooklover89.booklikes.com/post/747261/top-10-books-i-hope-to-read-in-2014