Bookish Academy Awards Tag

This awesome tag was created by Kayla from BOOKadooodles on youtube! (video link below) In this tag, she took the categories from the Academy Awards and changed them to categories that would be given to books. The books you choose are from the ones you read in 2013. She challenged herself not to choose the same book for any of the questions and I will be doing the same!

Bookish Academy Awards:

Categories/Questions:

Best Actor/Best Male Protagonist:
- This is a very easy one for me, the winner is...Will Herondale from the Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. I love him so much - just one of my favorite male leads in all :) He's funny and deep with a good heart <3

Best Actress/Best Female Protagonist:

- I love Rose from the Vampire Academy series - She is strong, independent, and just kick-ass. I loved her personality!

Best Cinematography/Best Plot Twist:

- This one goes to The Boy in Striped Pajamas by John Boyne - it completely shocked me and took me by surprise!

Best Costume Design/Best Book Cover:

- This was not hard for me to choose at all, my pick is My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares - the cover and the story are just beautiful and one of my favorites :)

Best Supporting Actor/Best Male Sidekick:

- My pick is definitely Kenji from the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi! I love him and want to learn more and more about him!

Best Supporting Actress/Best Female Sidekick:

I choose Iko from Scarlet/the lunar chronicles series by Marissa Meyer - I know she's technically more in Cinder (read in 20120 than Scarlet but she's still apart of this book and I just love her so much!!

Best Original Screenplay/Most Unique Plot/World:

I'm going to choose Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs- I think it's such a unique book and story, I loved it! Love the use of creepy pictures as well! They really add to the story especially since they were the inspiration for it!

Best Adapted Screenplay/Best Book-to-Movie Adaptation:

- I want to say Catching Fire because that was so well done, I loved it but I didn't read the book this year so I want to pick a different one (where I both read the book and seen the movie in 2013) So I'm going to with Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion - I loved the movie and the book equally even though they are pretty different!

Best Animated Feature/A book that would work well in animated format:

- This one is kind of easy, I could definitely see The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate being an animated Disney film (but it would fit with the older Disney versions I think) It was a really sweet story but also sad with lovable characters!

Best Director/A writer you discovered for the first time:

- Even though I want to mention Sophie Kinsella because I really fell in love with her books this year (read 4 of them) I didn't discover her for the first time. I read one of her books years ago, didn't fall in love but this year I rediscovered her stand alones and just fell in love and she is now one of my favorite authors! But my pick for one that I discovered for the first time would be Rainbow Rowell, I read both Eleanor & Park and Fangirl in 2013 and really enjoyed both and want to read every book by her!

Best Visual Effects/Best Action in a Book:

- I didn't read too many books in 2013 with a lot of action but I'll go with The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey - it had pretty good action and I really enjoyed the book!

Best Musical Score/Best Music in a book-to-movie adaptation:

-  My choice is A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. The soundtrack is one of my absolute favorites, I can't even pick a single song from it that I love the most! They are all so great! This was a reread for me, it's one of my absolute favorite books and movies!! And soundtracks :)

Best Short Film/Best Novella or Short Book:

This was so easy for me, hands down the winner is Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi - This book completely sold me on the series and made me obsessed! I love Warner!!

Best Picture/Best Stand-Alone:

- Wow I feel like this is the most difficult question as I've read lots of great stand alone novels in 2013! The first one that came to mind was Winger by Andrew Smith! This was such a great book that really surprised me how much I enjoyed it - especially since it's from the perspective of a 14 year old boy but it was amazing!

Best Documentary/Best Historical Fiction or Non-Fiction:

- I've read a few nonfiction books that I enjoyed but I just love historical fiction so much I need to pick one of those! This is a tough one between the Bright Young Things trilogy by Anna Godbersen and The Diviners by Libba Bray but I think I'll go with The Diviners, it was amazing and so complex and good! Both are set in the 1920s and definitely both are among my favorites! I can't wait to see where the Diviners goes next in the series!

That's all the questions :) If any one wants to do this in blog or vlog form, definitely give it a go! Make sure you check out Kayla from Bookadooodles original video (linked below)! Or you can let me know what you thought of some of these books or which ones you'd choose!

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gmtVt5Nsys