January Reads & February TBR 2014

This is What Happy Looks Like - Jennifer E. Smith The Madman's Daughter - Megan Shepherd Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  - J.K. Rowling Beauty Queens - Libba Bray City of Fallen Angels  - Cassandra Clare Making Faces - Amy Harmon Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

I didn't read as much as I wanted to in January, hoping for a better reading month in February and I have a feeling it will be with the great books I plan on reading! Not only did I not read as much I didn't read a lot of great books (4-5 stars) I only read 7 books and one novella this month!

January Reads:

1. This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith (3.5/5 stars)

- I didn't do a review of this one because there wasn't much to say. I liked it, it was a cute story but that was it. I'm glad I read it though and do want to read more by the author!

2. The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd (3.5/5 stars)

- I did do a small review on this one, linked at the bottom if you want to check it out!

3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (5/5 stars)

- This was a reread for me and of course I loved it!

4. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray (3.5/5 stars)

- I also did a review of this one, linked at the bottom if interested

5. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare (2.5/5 stars)

- I didn't do a review of this one. I struggled through it - I just didn't enjoy it as much as the first 3 and not nearly as much as I did the Infernal Devices trilogy - I do want to finish the series this year but I'm not all that eager after that one. It was just boring to be honest!

6. The Little Android by Marissa Meyer (novella) 5/5 stars

- I love anything this lady writes! The Lunar Chronicles is one of my favorite series so I was glad to read another novella tied to the series! This one was super cute good story that was a great retelling of the original Little Mermaid in the world of the lunar chronicles. LOVED it :)

7. Making Faces by Amy Harmon (4.5/5 stars)

- I loved this book, just finished it today! Will be reviewing it but just know I definitely recommend this beautiful book!!

8. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (5/5 stars)

- Just finished this book at the very end of January 31!

Favorite read of the month: Making Faces by Amy Harmon - it was a beautiful book, but I also just loved The Little Android (not counting my rereads although I love rereading Harry Potter!)

Least Favorite Read of the Month:

This was pretty obvious but it was definitely City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare BLEH!

Currently Reading:

1. The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott

- I've been reading this book all month, and also have 130 pages left. It was really good in the beginning but now I lost my interest in it... but want to just finish it soon!

February TBR

Man this is going to be a great month of reading, I'm very excited!! I hope to finish the book I'm currently reading and then...

1. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

- Words can't express how excited I am to get my hands on this, it releases Feb 4th so I will be reading it at midnight!!

2. Cress by Marissa Meyer

- This also releases Feb 4th but I'm getting a physical copy of it and I pre-ordered it but it looks like I won't get it until the middle of February from Amazon, hope this is wrong and I get it sooner! Very excited!

3. Just One Day by Gayle Foreman

- This is the book club pick of the month that I'm involved in and I'm so excited to read this, I've heard great things! The book club is called Chick Lits Book Club that is run by booktubers, Bethjune327, Ermahgerd Berks, and Booksarelovex3 - check them out on youtube and the link to the goodreads group is below!

4. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

- I am reading this along with wordsofareader on booktube and a bunch of others - heard this book is really good so I'm finally going to read it! (video of readalong info down below!)

5. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

- Also reading along with a booktuber, gingerreadslainey - Also excited have heard great things about this book! (video of readalong info down below)

6. Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

- Continuing on with my reread of this series :)

7. A Nicholas Sparks book

- Since it's the love month, I really want to reread a Nicholas Sparks book! I'm not sure which one yet, possibly the Lucky One, Dear John, or The Guardian. Time will tell!

I'm also hoping to get another love story in just not sure what. There are so many books I want to read not sure where to start after these ones!!

Have you read any of these? What was your favorite book in January? Any book you are particularily excited to read in February? Hope you all have a great reading month :)

* The Madman's Daughter review: http://msbooklover89.booklikes.com/post/756608/the-madman-s-daughter-by-megan-shepherd

* Beauty Queens review: http://msbooklover89.booklikes.com/post/771114/beauty-queens-by-libba-bray

* The Chick Lits Book Club goodreads group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/115631-the-chick-lits

* A Tree Grows in Brooklyn read-a-long with wordsofareader: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNRPZuvMNng

* Throne of Glass read-a-long with gingerreadslainey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sIBnkdKw8Q