Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Ignite Me - Tahereh Mafi

"Ignite, my love. Ignite."

“And we are quotation marks, inverted and upside down, clinging to one another at the end of this life sentence. Trapped by lives we did not choose.”

"Fear will learn to fear me."

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi is the third and final book in the Shatter Me trilogy. It came out Tuesday February 4th, and I bought it right away and read it when it came to my kindle at 12:30am. I read the majority of it through the night and then finished it the night of Feb 4th.

All in all, I loved this book and this is one of my favorite series!! I am really sad it's over - I feel this loss deep in my heart! Already looking forward to a reread of this trilogy!! If you haven't read it and just want a really well-written, character driven, romantic, addicting read - definitely pick this series up!!

While on the whole I loved this, the growth in Juliette, the characters really shining through (Warner, Kenji, Juliette, James) I did have a few issues with it. First of all it was way too short, I needed more and it was a bit anti-climatic. On the plot sense, it doesn't have the most developed plot, it definitely leaves more to be desired! But the romance, the characters, and especially Juliette's character growth is amazing. This is definitely a character driven series and it's written so beautifully! The more I think about it and read and listen to reviews the more I understand and love the story that much more. And OMG Kenji was hilarious in this book, I highlighted so many quotes from him. I'm going a share a few:

"Damn damn damn. This shit is bananas"

"Now they look like a pair of wildebeasts. But, you know, by comparison, I look like a damn king. So it's good news all around."

" Good for you. I'll buy you a balloon the minute the world stops shitting on itself"

He's the best, I want more of him, I'd love for their to be a 3.5 novella on him and his story and how it ends. Gah, he's one of my favorite side characters ever by far!!

I devoured this book, there were so many good moments, I would love for this series to be stretched out but for now Tahereh Mafi doesn't plan on writing anymore for it and is working on something new. I am excited for whatever else she writes, she will be an automatic buy for me! Not only is she a great writer, but she's hilarious! Her and Ransom Riggs, author of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, are the cutest! Check out their twitters: @ransomriggs and @taherehmafi and they also just made a youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRk5aqkywEs

Have you read this series? This book - what did you think?!