February Reads & March TBR 2014

The Dressmaker - Kate Alcott Ignite Me - Tahereh Mafi Cress - Marissa Meyer Just One Day  - Gayle Forman Throne of Glass - Sarah J. Maas Crown of Midnight - Sarah J. Maas

February Reads:

I didn't read a whole lot in February, I read 6 books, 2 short scenes, and part of 2 other books. Hoping March is a better reading month especially since there's a lot I want to read!

1. The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott (2.5/5 stars)

[Titanic Historical Fiction]

This book started out so well the first chapter is the best, the second one the second best and then after that it drags on and is pretty boring. There are some interesting aspects of it but I didn't like some characters. It took me so long to read it and I was glad to be finished. I did like the main character Tess and liked her journey and liked how the book ended. But I was disappointed in it. I would like to read more Titanic historical fiction though!

2. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi (4.5/5 stars)

[The final book in the Shatter Me series]

I love this series so much and I loved this book and all the characters really shined through and had a lot of growth in this book! The plot leaves a little to be desired but that aside, it's amazing! If interested check out my

review: http://msbooklover89.booklikes.com/post/785841/ignite-me-by-tahereh-mafi

3. Cress by Marissa Meyer (5/5 stars)

[The third book in the Lunar Chronicles]

This book was amazing!! I loved it, it may be my favorite of the 3 (Cinder & Scarlet) but it's hard to say I love them all! The couple in this book was my favorite, it's so cute. Cannot wait for the last book, Winter that comes out next year! One of my favorite series :)

4. Just One Day by Gayle Forman (4/5 stars)

[A part romance but mostly self discovery contemporary]

I really enjoyed this book especially the more I read it. I didn't realize how much I liked it until I finished! I really enjoyed the character growth and the adventure in this one :)

5. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (5/5 stars)

[First book in a YA fantasy series starring an assassin]

- I really enjoyed this book, the fantasy element, the characters, the romance, - it was a great book. I can see this series becoming a favorite of mine!

6. The Assassin and the Captain (T.O.G 1.2) by Sarah J. Maas

- This is a short scene found via blog links on goodreads to be read after Throne of Glass - it was a good cute scene :) I love Chaol!!!

7. The Assassin and the Princess (T.O.G 1.1) by Sarah J. Maas

- Another scene that's a bit longer than #6 also found on goodreads via blog links. It was also an enjoyable scene to read!

8. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (4/5 stars)

[Sequel to Throne of Glass]

After reading Throne of Glass and those scenes I just needed the second book! I devoured the first half it was amazing and then something big happened in the middle that made the second half a bit slower for me and I don't know how I feel right now. After I gather my thoughts I'd like to do a review of both books!

Favorite Book of the Month: Pretty much every book except one I really enjoyed. I'd have to say Cress by Marissa Meyer though for my favorite, it was perfect a great sequel in the lunar chronicles. I didn't have ANY problems with it!! :D

Least Favorite Book of the Month:  Yeah that's pretty obvious, The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott. Pretty disappointed in that one!

Currently Reading:

1. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

2. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

3. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

March TBR

Along with the books I'm currently reading I have quite an ambitious TBR:

4. Just One Year by Gayle Forman

- I need to see Willem's point of view especially while I still have Just One Day fresh in my mind!

5. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs

- The pick for a book club I'm in is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and since I already read it I really want to read the sequel! I want to try to get my hands on the graphic novel of the first book to read that for a refresher but I don't think that will happen.

6. The Archived by Victoria Scwabb

- I've been wanting to read this book for awhile and jessethereader on booktube is holding a read-a-long for this book so I will be participating!

7. The Here and Now by Ann Brashares

- Ann Brashares is one of my favorite authors and I've read all of her books. This is her newest book that comes out on April 8th - I got an arc of it from Netgalley and am very excited to read it!

8. The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

- I wanted to reread a Nicholas Sparks book last month and have been wanting to reread this one for awhile so hoping this will be the month that I do!

I feel like my plate is pretty full but there are other books I'm itching to read! We'll see how this month goes :)

Have you read any of these? What were your favorite books of February? Any you are really looking forward to read in March?

Happy Reading :)