Top 5 Wednesday: Book Parents

Little Women - Louisa May Alcott Where We Belong - Emily Giffin Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  - J.K. Rowling The Last Song - Nicholas Sparks By Sue Monk Kidd: The Secret Life of Bees - -Penguin (Non-Classics)-

Top 5 Wednesday was started by gingerreadslainey on booktube (video linked below as well as a list to others that participate) and this week topic is Book parents/guardians/adult figures.

This one was a bit difficult because not many parents are present in the stories I read but these are the ones really stuck out to me! Counting down to my favorite these are my top 5 book parents:

5. Mrs. March from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

- Her husband is off to war and she is left to care for her four daughters: Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy. She is just the most loving mother that struggles to take care of her girls and will do anything for them!

4. Marian and Conrad from Where We Belong by Emily Giffin

- This story is about a girl named Kirby who was adopted and is looking for her birth mother, Marian. Even though Marian gave up her child for adoption when she was really young you really sympathize with her and just how the story unravels with the biological father Conrad, I just loved this story and the characters!

3. Sirius from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

- Of course he'd be on my list! He is Harry's godfather and the way he helps Harry and treats him like an adult is amazing. Especially from having to live with his terrible Aunt and Uncle, Sirius is just a great guardian for Harry.

2. Ronnie's dad from the Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

- He is a really great dad that was divorced from his wife and has two children, Ronnie a troubled teenage girl and her younger brother Jonah. This story is as much about him as it is about his daughter, the main character Ronnie. He is trying to reconnect with his children since his divorce and it's just beautiful how much he cares about his children!

1. August from the Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

- In this story, the main character Lily and her maid Rosaleen go to South Carolina and come upon this bright pink house full of sisters, August, June and May. August is the oldest and really looks out for her sisters and comes to be an important adult figure in Lily's life as well. She is amazing, I can't even describe what a beautiful person she is. Read the book and you'll know!

What are your favorite book parents?

*Gingerreadslainey video linked below

* Top 5 Wednesdayers: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1608567-complete-list-of-wednesday-ers

If interested these are other top 5 posts I've done:

* Top 5: Books I want as Movies: http://msbooklover89.booklikes.com/post/804662/top-5-wednesday-books-i-want-as-movies

* Top 5: Book Friendships: http://msbooklover89.booklikes.com/post/813687/top-5-wednesday-best-book-friendships

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97cVgJ0ndog