Book Review: Hollow City by Ransom Riggs

Hollow City - Ransom Riggs

Summary: Hollow City is the second book in the Peculiar Children series by Ransom Riggs (the first book being Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children). This series follows Jacob, a boy who discovers peculiar children on an island he visits with his father and all the adventure and mystery that follows :) This series is so unique and magical and involves time travel and beautiful vintage photographs throughout! I really recommend checking this series out if you like YA/middle-grade esque fantasy/paranormal, historical fiction, adventure, mild creepiness, and great writing and unique characters :)

“What I believe is that when it comes to big things in life, there are no accidents. Everything happens for a reason. You are here for a reason -- and it's not to fail and die.” -Ransom Riggs (Hollow City)

Review: This was a great sequel to Miss Peregrine's and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a great continuation from the first book that starts right where the first book left off! While the first book is all about the readers learning about the peculiar children and the mystery behind that, this one involves a quest that the peculiar children are on! I don't want to reveal any more than that especially since it is the second book and I think it's fun to go in not knowing much! The adventure is fun and we meet many new great characters as this mystery unravels! I really enjoyed it and I am really looking forward to the next book!

Have you read this one or Miss Peregrine's? What did you think?