March wasn't the greatest reading month for me, I read 6 books. I was hoping to read more, or at least through some novellas or other quick reads in! Hoping April will be a better month :D
1. Just One Year by Gayle Forman (☆☆☆☆☆)
- I really liked this conclusion to this self-discovery contemporary story :)
*My discussion with this book and Just One Day with spoilers: http://msbooklover89.booklikes.com/post/817539/book-discussion-just-one-day-just-one-year-by-gayle-forman
2.The Here and Now by Ann Brashares (☆☆☆)
- I enjoyed to a point but was disappointed with it overall
*My early book review (4/8): http://msbooklover89.booklikes.com/post/821763/book-review-the-here-and-now-by-ann-brashares
3. 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad (☆☆☆☆'1/2)
- I really enjoyed this book, it was hard to put down!!
4. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs (☆☆☆☆)
I enjoyed this sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children!
5. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge (☆☆☆☆)
- I loved this Beauty and the Beast retelling!
6. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry (☆☆☆' 1/2)
- I liked this book overall, but not a favorite
*Review to come!
Favorite book: I read some good ones, but I think I liked Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge the most - I am just really excited to read more by this author!!
Least favorite book: Unfortunately, I have to go with the Here and Now by Ann Brashares - I was just disappointed in it!
1. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
- I really need to get back into Harry Potter :)
2. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Who knows when I'll finish this one, hope by the end of this year!
Along with continuing reading the ones I'm currently reading (both reading slowly along with other books) I hope to read:
1. Gilded Ashes by Rosamund Hodge (novella)
- So excited for this Cinderella retelling set in the same world as Cruel Beauty - comes out tomorrow! 4/1
2. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- I have heard good things about this one, I got it from the library a couple weeks ago and hope to renew it so I can read it!
3. Ghost World by Daniel Clowes
- I have been in the mood to read more graphic novels so hope I like this one!
4. Maus I & II by Art Spiegelman
- I have been wanting to read these graphic novels ever since hearing that they are about the holocaust!
5. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
This is the pick for the Chick Lits book club I am in (if anyone is curious about more information on this club let me know) but I don't know if I want to read it. I'm not sure that I'm in the mood for it, and I was hoping a different book would get picked. Hopefully I'll get in the mood for it before the month is over!
I have taken out some books from the library (#'s 2-4) that I hope to get to and read some more of Harry Potter but I don't have much planned out for April! I'm hoping to get to one of my arcs I got from netgalley and just see where else my mood takes me!
Have you read any of these books? What was your favorite book of April? Least favorite?