Book Review: Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

Second Chance Summer - Morgan Matson

Summary: Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson is about a girl named Taylor who just learned that her father has pancreatic cancer and only a few months left to live. Even though they haven't in 5 years, Taylor and her family (her mother and father, sister Gelsey and brother Warren) spend the summer at their lake house that resides in the Poconos, PA. Being back at this house brings back so many memories for Taylor and as she is working them out with the people she once knew, she is also trying to spend as much time with her father. It's a beautiful YA contemporary with romance, summer fun, great friendships, and heartbreak!

“Just because you'd left something behind didn't mean that it had gone anywhere.”

Review: This book is beautiful! Last year, I read Morgan Matson's other book, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and loved it! So I knew I wanted to read more by this author - so I'm really glad I picked this one up!! Second Chance Summer is my favorite of the two, although I love them both and recommend each! I immediately related to the main character and my heart went out to her for what she was going through. I just loved the relationship between Taylor and her father! I loved the setting of the story - it definitely made me nostalgic for summer :) I loved the characters, the perfect summer scenes, the relationships, Taylor's character growth - everything!! Without giving anything away, this book made me swoon, it made me laugh, it made me nostalgic, and yes, it made cry! If you are looking for good summer read that pulls at your heartstrings in so many different ways, definitely check this book out :) Now one of my favorites, and I want to read everything Morgan Matson writes!! So excited for her new book, Since You've Been Gone that comes out May 6!!

Have you read this book? What did you think?