The Book Cake Tag

This tag was created by suddenlylorna and marlinelina on youtube (video linked below) where they took the ingredients of cake and made book related questions out of them.

Book Cake Tag: The Ingredients

1. Flour(A book that was slow in the beginning, but then really picked up)

This is kind of a hard question for me to answer because I don't find a lot of the books I enjoy to be slow in the beginning that I can think of. I usually get captured into a story right away and know whether I'll like it (I have to be in the mood for it of course) If I can't get into a book or I find it slow - I either put it down or read it very slowly if I'm still interested in the story. Anyway, so the Princess Bride wasn't necessarily slow but it was hard for me to get into because if you have read this you'd understand that it's kind of a story within a story. It's kind of hard to describe but the book is about a character who reads his favorite book (which is the princess bride) to his grandson, so I was confused at first. It's a really amazing story though, one of my favorites :)

2. Butter/Margarine

(A book that has a really good rich plot)

I love this book so much!! Besides everything else about it, the plot is so great and keeps you so intrigued - it's so hard to put down. It's beautiful!

3. Eggs

(A book you thought you weren't going to like but ending up loving)

I didn't think I would like the Host because I didn't love the Twilight series, (I do like them but they were just okay) so I was nervous to give this one a try but I ended up really loving the book! It's very different from Twilight!

4. Sugar

(A super sweet book)

Whenever I think of a sweet book, I usually think of Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins but I decided to pick a book I just read and loved! Attachments is a super sweet and cute story - I just love it. It makes you swoon and gush :) LOVE.

5. Icing

(A book that covers everything you enjoy in a book (sad, funny, action,...etc))

There's a lot of different ways I could have gone with this answer... but some elements I really enjoy in books are romance, sad bits, page-turner, creative writing, great characters, plot twists, and something to really sweep me away - this series really did that for me! I love this series and the fact that it's historical fiction makes it all the better!

6. Sprinkles

(A book that you can turn to to make you feel better)

I don't really have a book or series per se that I go to when I'm feeling down. I don't reread as much as I'd like to (but I'm definitely putting more effort to!) But Nicholas Sparks is my favorite author, so definitely rereading one of his books is just a comfort for me. I love the writing, and the characters and the familiarity of his work :) I love his books, they mean so much to me and they always teach me something important :) A Walk to Remember is my favorite of his that I'm hoping to reread every year around Christmas time!

7. Cherry on Top

(The best book you have read so far this year)

I've read quite a few really good books so far this year, but I'd have to say Cress is my favorite so far! I love this series so much (highly recommend it!) and this book was perfect!! I cannot wait to read the last book, Winter that comes out next  year!

***

*******

***

Since this was created on youtube (and I just wanted to do it), I'm not really sure if I should tag anyone on booklikes whether anyone will really want to do it - but if you do want to do it, feel free!! Click on the (show spoiler) link to see the questions for the tag that you can copy and paste into your post! Let me know whether you do it or not so I can see your answers :)

Other tags I've done: http://msbooklover89.booklikes.com/tags

The Questions:

Book Cake Tag: The Ingredients

1. Flour(A book that was slow in the beginning, but then really picked up)

2. Butter/Margarine

(A book that has a really good rich plot)

3. Eggs

(A book you thought you weren't going to like but ending up loving)

4. Sugar

(A super sweet book)

5. Icing

(A book that covers everything you enjoy in a book (sad, funny, action,...etc))

6. Sprinkles

(A book that you can turn to to make you feel better)

7. Cherry on Top

(The best book you have read so far this year)

(show spoiler)