Top 5 Wednesday: Favorite Siblings

The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton By Sue Monk Kidd: The Secret Life of Bees - -Penguin (Non-Classics)- Second Chance Summer - Morgan Matson Death Life of Charlie St. Cloud - Ben Sherwood Three Weeks With My Brother - Nicholas Sparks, Micah Sparks

Top 5 Wednesday was started by gingerreadslainey on booktube where she picks a topic for the week and you list your top 5. It is open to anyone who wants to participate - just check out the links below!

This weeks topic is to list your favorite siblings from books you've read. Like I said in another top 5, (top 5 book parents) there aren't very many books I've read that features really good sibling relationships. If they do, they aren't a huge part of the story. Going through my books, I don't have a lot to choose from in which I really enjoyed the sibling dynamic in the story but alas here are my top 5 that really stuck out to me:

5. Nicholas Sparks and Micah Sparks from Three Weeks with my Brother

**********************************************************

- I had a hard time coming up with another book featuring siblings that I really wanted to talk about so I picked real life siblings :) My favorite author is Nicholas Sparks and he wrote a memoir with his brother Micah and it's jumps back and forth between their trip around the world and their life growing up. They have a really great relationship that you really see in this book and they also have a sister named Danielle who passed away from cancer (A Walk to Remember was based on his sister) and their story is amazing. I really admire Nicholas Sparks so much for his books and his story growing up and all that he has been through and accomplished throughout his life. You can tell he is really family oriented and treasures them and a lot of his books are based or inspired by his loved ones.

4. Charlie and Sam from The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood

**************************************************************

- Charlie lost his younger brother, Sam in a car accident where Charlie was driving and it's very hard on Charlie. Sam really looked up to him and they had a great older-younger sibling dynamic. Charlie has a gift where he is able to still see and interact with Sam's spirit. This is a very sad and moving book about their relationship and Charlie dealing with his grief - I enjoyed their brotherly bond!

3. Warren,Taylor, and Gelsey from Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

*************************************************************

- I liked the relationships these siblings had and how they grow through the story. All of the siblings are very different and aren't very close with each other but that changes during this summer. The main character, Taylor has an older brother named Warren and he's very smart and but also fairly introverted when it comes to socializing and meeting girls - I love how Taylor helps him in this story with that. They also have a younger sister named Gelsey and she's really into dancing but also doesn't socialize very much and I love how Taylor also helps her with that and hasn't realized how much Gelsey looks up to her. I just really love this story and how it shows so many different relationships (friendship, romantic, siblings, father-daughter)

2. August, June, and May from the Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

***************************************************************

- I love these sisters! The main character, Lily and her maid Rosaleen leave their home and come across three sisters that live together. August is the mother hen of the story and really watches out for her sisters and they really depend on her. June is the middle sister and she's very stubborn and skeptical but you know she just has a guard up and she's very protective of her sisters. May is the youngest and the most tenderhearted. They lost a sister, May's twin April and May has taken the biggest hit from that and it has really affected her. The way these three sisters and there for each other and look out for one another is very beautiful :)

1. Johnny, Soda, and Ponyboy from the Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

*******************************************************

- This is the first book I immediately thought of when finding out this week's topic. These are my favorite siblings :) Johnny is the oldest brother and takes care of his two younger brothers. He has to step in as a father since they lost their parents. He is definitely the strict and most responsible one of the bunch and this causes a strain between his relationship with his youngest brother and the main character, Ponyboy. They bump heads because Johnny can be hard on him but it's because he cares. Soda Pop is the middle brother and he is definitely the mediator between the two. He's the one that keeps the family going - he's the easy-going lovable guy. He helps Ponyboy when he's having issues with Johnny and he also helps Johnny when he is being to strict. They just have an amazing sibling dynamic that is very important to this story!!

Have you read any of these? Do you have any favorite siblings from a book?

***

*******

***

Links:

- Gingerreadslainey's (the creator) top 5 siblings video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThC1hs818u8

- The goodreads page with all the participants and important info: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/118368-top-5-wednesday