Book Review: Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson

Summary: Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson is about a girl named Emily who is trying to cope with the disappearance of her best friend, Sloane. She has no idea where she went and all that is left behind is a list of challenges for Emily to complete such as skinny dipping, kissing a stranger, and sleeping under the stars. Without her best friend, Emily is not very brave but she wants to tackle the list in hopes it will bring her back to Sloane. Along the way, she gains some great new friends that end up helping her in her quest! It's a YA contemporary about friendships, love, adventure, summer, and self-discovery.

Review: I devoured this book! I read and loved both of Morgan Matson's other books, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and Second Chance Summer so there was no surprise that I loved this one as well! This book was so good and cute! I loved the main character, Emily and how she coped with losing her friend and her character growth throughout the story is amazing! I loved that this story was centered around completing the items on the list, it was really fun reading how she accomplished each one! I also loved how we also got to see the friendship between her and Sloane through flashbacks! Emily really came into her own, faced her fears, and met some great new friends. Which brings me to Frank Porter. I loved him!! That's all I want to say, I love watching Frank and Emily's friendship grow. I also loved Collins who is Frank's best friend - he definitely cracked me up a lot! This was overall just an amazing story that will make you swoon, laugh, and just feel all good inside! I loved everything about this story - If you love contemporary, you will love this book! There's just something about Morgan Matson's writing that immerses you into the story, it's so real, and fun and makes you want to have your own adventures! She has definitely become one of my favorite authors and will read anything she writes!!

Have you read this one or any of Morgan Matson's other books?