Day Three: Bout of Books 10.0 Update & Challenge #3

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

Bout of Books website/blog: http://boutofbooks.blogspot.de/2014/04/bout-of-books-10-sign-up.html

My TBR: http://msbooklover89.booklikes.com/post/880318/bout-of-books-10-0-readathon

Day Three:

Books Finished: 0 (total so far: 2 books)

Pages Read: 175 pages (total so far: 549 pages)

Currently reading: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

Okay, so after finishing My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick yesterday and being completely disappointed with it, I decided that I needed to read Harry Potter to bring me out of my slump and cheer me up! On page 175 so far and I feel like I want to abandon the rest of my bout of books tbr to keep reading it!! We'll see how that goes...

Now on to the challenge for today...

Challenge #3: Book Pairings

In this challenge, you pair a book with something that reminds you of it whether it's another book, movie, song, food, object - whatever!

1. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

Pairing: Sleeping with the Enemy (movie starring Julia Roberts)

- A lot of people have compared it to this movie because the plot is similiar, a girl running away from her abusive husband and while that may be true, they are both unique in their own way! Both great stories and if you liked either of them, you should check out the other!

2. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares

Pairing: A friendship bracelet

- This four girls in this series, Carmen, Lena, Tibby, and Bridget have such an amazing friendship that anyone would love to have and they are always there for each other. They are the kind of girls that would wear friendships bracelets to show their love for each other - although in this book their friendship bracelet takes on the form of a pair of jeans...

3. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

Pairing: Summer Lovin' (song from Grease)

- Honestly, all her books make me think of this song because they are perfect summer reads that include romance and adventure! If you haven't checked out any of her books yet - you need to! Any great summery song would do but this was the first one I thought of!

*****

Hope you all are enjoying your current read and Bout of Books if you have joined :)