May Reads & June TBR

If I Stay - Gayle Forman Where She Went - Gayle Forman Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson Maus I : A Survivor's Tale : My Father Bleeds History - Art Spiegelman My Life Next Door - Huntley Fitzpatrick Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe - Benjamin Alire Sáenz Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré This One Summer - Jillian Tamaki, Mariko Tamaki Just One Night - Gayle Forman

So this month I read 11 total books: 7 books, 3 graphic novels, and 1 novella! I'm pretty happy with that number! I did participate in the Bout of Books 10.0 Readathon so that helped!

May Reads:

1. If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman (4/5 stars)

I really liked this duology, I think overall it was a good story but I still think I prefer her Just One Day duology over this one. Review to come!

2. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson (5/5 stars)

I absolutely loved this book! Morgan Matson is one of my favorite books and so far she can do no wrong! Check out my review here

3. Maus Volumes 1 & 2 by Art Spiegelman (4.5/5 stars)

I really liked these graphic novels dealing with WWII and the Holocaust! Check out my review here

4. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (1.5/5 stars)

I was highly disappointed in this one! I read this for a book club and this just wasn't for me because I know a lot of people like it. See why I didn't like it here

5. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling (5/5 stars)

I loved this book :) Of course!

6. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz (5/5 stars)

This book was SOOOOO beautiful, a new favorite! I loved it! Check out my review here

7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (5/5 stars)

I was sad that my reread of this series has come to an end :( I started it in December and I loved rereading the series! I am sure I will again in a few years :)

8. This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki (4/5 stars)

This was a pretty good graphic novel, I loved the artwork and the story :)

9. Just One Night by Gayle Forman (3.5/5 stars)

I liked this novella that is part of the Just One Day/Just One Year duology and shows what happens next with Willem and Allyson. It was okay, I already felt like I had closure after Just One Year and this was pretty much what I imagined to happen but it was nice to read anyway!

Favorite read of the month: That's between Since You've Been Gone and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. Don't make me choose!

Least Favorite read of the month: By far, My Life Next Door - I hated it!

Currently Reading:

1. Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella

- I started this during May but don't know when I will finish it. It's okay - I am thinking about putting it down for now and reading it sometime in the future

2. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

Yup, this is still on my currently reading from February!

***********

June TBR

I don't want to jam pack my tbr too much, but I'll pick a few I really want to read!

1. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

I've been wanting to read this ever since it people have been hyping it up, but decided to pick it up this month for the booksplosion book of the month club thing that is held by a few booktubers. (goodreads page: click here)

2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

I really hope to reread this beauty in preparation for Isla and the Happily Ever After coming out in August!

I think that's all I'm going to plan and I'm just going to read based on my mood! These are possibilities:

The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas, The One and Only by Emily Giffin, a Nicholas Sparks book, some graphic novel, if there's a book for the chick lits bookclub, maybe start the Percy Jackson series.... who knows!! :)

*********************

**********

So what was your favorite book you read in May? Any books you are looking forward to in June? Have you read any of the books I mentioned?