A-Z Bookish Survey

The A-Z Bookish Survey

This was created by Jamie from the perpetual page turner where she created bookish questions pertaining to each letter in the alphabet:

******************

Author You've Read the Most Books From:

Nicholas Sparks - I've read all 18 of his books! Half of them more than once and I'm making my rounds with them :)

Best Sequel Ever:

Scarlet by Alexandra Ripley - this is the sequel for Gone with the Wind that would probably be my favorite continuous sequel. But I also really love Cress by Marissa Meyer and the sequels to Daughter of the Forest (Son of the Shadows and Child of the Prophecy) by Juliet Marillier (although they can be read as stand alone's)

Currently Reading:

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Drink of Choice While Reading:

I don't have a necessarily favorite drink but I do love hot drinks (coffee, tea, cocoa) but only when it's chilly but when it's hot - any yummy drink - Iced Coffee, Iced Tea...etc

E-Reader or Physical Book

Physical book, however I do love my kindle and loooove reading on it! So now I've come to enjoy both - when it used to be that e-readers were the devil!

Fictional Character You'd Probably Would Have Actually Dated in High School:

I have a lot of book boyfriends but I don't have one picked out for this. Probably someone sweet like Frank Porter from Since You've Been Gone or Landon Carter from A Walk to Remember....someone along those lines!

Glad You Gave This Book a Chance:

Making Faces by Amy Harmon - this book was so beautiful - I loved it! I was hesitant because I knew it was New Adult (which I'm wary of) and also because of the cover but it was sooo good, didn't read like a typical NA and I loved it!

Hidden Gem Book:

It's not that hidden but it's amazing. It's Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz - I don't hear enough people talking about this beautiful book!

Important Moment In Your Reading Life:

Probably finding the book community online and all the social media. Goodreads, book bloggers, booktube, following book lovers on instagram and twitter :) The online book community is the best and I've talked to some wonderful people that share the same passion as me, gotten some really great book recommendations, have expanded my reading, and it's also really fun blogging!

Just Finished:

Boxers & Saints (graphic novel duo) by Gene Luen Yang

Kinds of Books You Won't Read:

Straight up erotica (although I admit I've read the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy and hated every minute of it), Christian books, super romance "fabio" type books, and I'm not into super crime/court room type books either.

Longest Book You've Read:

Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (my edtion is 1448 pages, but it's about a 1,000 page book) and it's one of my faves :)

Major Book Hangover Because of:

I think that last book hangover I had was for Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson - it was so amazing I did not want to leave it!

Number of Book Cases You Own:

3 that are used for books, one mini shelf thing I'm using for books but it's not technically a bookshelf and also I'm using a bookshelf for DVDs. So 4 1/2 in all

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks and I plan on rereading it every year :)

Preferred Place to Read:

Inside on my bed or couch!

Quote that Inspires You/Gives You all The Feels from a Book You Read:

"I wondered what that was like, to hold someone's hand. I bet you could find all the mysteries of the universe in someone's hand."

- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz

It's just so beautiful like this book :)

Reading Regret

I wish I read as much as I do now when I was younger throughout high school. I always liked reading growing up but I became a much more avid reader in college and later years! Think of all the books I could have read... instead I'm catching up with a lot I missed while reading new ones!

Series You Started and Need to Finish (they are all out)

The Sevenwaters series by Juliet Marillier - it was a trilogy with Daughter of the Forest, Son of the Shadows, and Child of the Prophecy being it but she added 3 more books that I need and can't wait to read!

Three of Your All-Time Favorite Books:

1. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

2. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

3. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Those are 3 of many all time favorites :)

Unapologetic Fangirl For

Nicholas Sparks :D

Very Excited for this Release More Than All Others

If I knew Nicholas Sparks was coming out with a new book, it would be that. But so far I haven't heard any news! I think I'm most excited for Winter by Marissa Meyer - the conclusion to the Lunar Chronicles but that's not coming out until 2015! So the one that's coming out soon that I can't wait for is Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins! And then Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas! (And Landline by Rainbow Rowell) Oops that's four...

Worst Bookish Habit:

Reading too many books at once. Now granted, there are some people that read lots of books at once but I don't really like to read more than one book at once. I wish I could just pick up one book and finish it, then pick up another one. But I always end up reading between 2-5 books at once and it gives me anxiety. I think I do it because I'm a mood reader and I want to read all the books and also may not be that into a certain book so I'll choose another then go back or it's a slow read and I need something quick to get through...IDK but I hate it! But it never fails to happen :/

X Marks the Spot: Start at the Top Left of Your Shelf and Pick the 27th Book:

The Princess Bride by William Goldman - one of my favorite books! YAY!

Your Latest Book Purchase:

The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider that I got on my kindle when it was a daily deal! Looking forward to reading it :)

ZZZZ.... snatcher book (Last book that Kept You Up Way Late)

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi - I got it on my kindle a little after midnight when it was released and read it through the night, fell asleep a couple times woke up and continued reading.

****************

What would some of your answers be?

If you liked this, check out the post linked above and also the video Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner also made below) and feel free to do this :) It's fun!

Happy Reading :)

- Jessica

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip9vtoiXR5Q&list=UU-KWR8W0iVyLLnRaCHLSYig