Monthly Book Reads (January, February, & March)

The Road - Cormac McCarthy The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory The Fame Game - Lauren Conrad Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side  - Beth Fantaskey The Thorn Birds - Colleen McCullough Beautiful Disaster  - Jamie McGuire The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield The Shadow of the Wind - Lucia Graves, Carlos Ruiz Zafón Key of Light - Nora Roberts
I wanted to start reviewing the books I’ve read in a month So these are from January - March to catch up.

January:

1. The Road by Cormac McCarthy [3/5 stars]

2. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory [4/5 stars]

3. The Fame Game by Lauren Conrad [3/5 stars]

4. Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey [4/5 stars]

Favorite: Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side [It was a nice love story]

Least Favorite: The Road [for the way it ended leaving me with disappointed feeling]

February:

1. The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough [3.5/5 stars]

2. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire [3/3stars]

3. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield [5/5 stars]

Favorite: The Thirteenth Tale [It was a really great mystery, hard to put down - I really enjoyed it and the cover’s gorgeous]

Least Favorite: Beautiful Disaster [I was annoyed a lot of the time reading this because of the two main characters but I do want to read the sequel which is the story in the lead guys point of view titled Walking Disaster]

March:

1. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon [4/5 stars]

2. Key of Light by Nora Roberts [3/5 stars]

Favorite: The Shadow of the Wind [it was an interesting book the mystery in it, it didn’t totally intrigue me although it has amazing reviews but it was an overall good read]

Least Favorite: Key of Light [it was strange that it was a modern love story chick lit feel because of the main characters and their love stories [which remind me a lot of the other books I read from her the bride quartet series so makes me wonder if her characters and love stories are that much different in her other books] so that and tied with fantasy - it doesn’t fit quite right together, somethings odd about it. But I did enjoy some aspects of it and need to finish the other two in the trilogy]