May Reads & June TBR

Black Beauty - Anna Sewell The Light Between Oceans: A Novel - M.L. Stedman The Slippery Slope - Michael Kupperman, Lemony Snicket, Brett Helquist SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK:The Silver Linings Playbook:By Matthew Quick - Matthew Quick Only In Your Dreams - C. von Ziegesar The Grim Grotto - Michael Kupperman, Lemony Snicket, Brett Helquist Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare The Penultimate Peril - Brett Helquist, Lemony Snicket, Michael Kupperman
Reblogged from A Book to Remember:

6. The Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket [4/5 stars]

7. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare [5/5 stars]

8. The Penultimate Peril by Lemony Snicket [4/5 stars]

9. Boarded Window by Issac Marion (short novella) [4/5 stars]

My favorite read: By far Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. I read the first 3 in the Mortal Instruments series and while I liked them, I wasn’t amazed by them as so many people are. I will continue to read the next 3 and do enjoy them they just aren’t my favorite series. But the infernal devices trilogy I am loving so far! As long as the trilogy goes well, I will definitely be listing them among my favorite books! I enjoy the characters more and the time period. I can’t wait to finish them but at the same time I don’t want them to end!

My least favorite read: Only in Your Dreams by Cecily von Ziegesar. This is the 9th book in the Gossip Girl series and they are all just okay for me. More like fluff reads. I enjoy them for what they are but overall not a huge fan of the series. Maybe if I read them as a preteen/young teen I’d enjoy them more (even though the content isn’t suited for that young of an age). They are quick reads so that’s nice and I like how they follow different characters to keep it more interesting. I have 3 left in the series and also the prequel and I will eventually finish them but I’m in no hurry.

June TBR:

Currently reading:

1. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

2. The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom

3. The End by Lemony Snicket

Besides finishing these three books I hope to read:

4. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

5. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

6. What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

7. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (July TBR)

8. The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis

9. Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl

10. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

11. If I get through all that I want to, then I will be picking a book from my “TBR JAR” / really a bag I found because I couldn’t find a jar! [Where you write the names of books you need to read on your shelf and pull out of to read when you want to]

I hope I can read all of this but most of them are quite short books!

June 30th update: I wanted to look back at this and see how I did on my June TBR. I've read 6/11 of the books I choose to read in June. I am currently reading Clockwork Princess so more like 6.5/11. I plan on reading The Great Gatsby in July and finishing Clockwork Princess. Not sure when I'll get to What Happened to Goodbye and The Horse and His Boy - and I have way too many I took out from the library for the tbr jar at the moment...