BoMov Tag (Movie & TV Tie In Editions)

In this tag, you show all your movie/tv tie-in edition books and answer questions about them :) [ I don’t prefer movie or tv tie-in editions of books and usually switch them out for their original/better covers. There are a few books in which I actually prefer the movie/tv cover. ]

1. How many TV and movie tie-ins do you own?

2. Which one did you like the most?

I’m not sure I can just pick one… this is hard but one of my favorite books is:

[ Luckily, I now also own the original cover with this one! I plan on giving my movie tie-in edition away] [ The same goes for Marley & Me by John Grogan I own the movie cover and I have the beautiful cloth bound edition shown above]

3. Did the character shown in the movie or television series meet your expectations?

I think this questions pertains to the book you picked in the second question, but I’m going to answer this question to a few books I want to mention.

1. Eat, Pray, Love: Julie Roberts is one of my favorite actresses so I loved her playing Elizabeth Gilbert.

2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower: I think the actors were perfect for the characters in the book, especially Charlie!!

3. Shutter Island: This movie and book are excellent! I also love Leo, so he was a perfect Teddy!

I actually feel like I can say of all the books I read in which I seen the movie, I wasn’t disappointed in any of the characters that I can think of. At least out of these books.

4. Show two books you want to read soon.

[Out of these 26, I haven’t read 10 of them and these are the ones I want to read the most out of them]

5. What is your favorite tv or movie tie-in cover? And why?

Definitely:

The reason is first of all I love the show more than the books, so I don’t mind the show cover. But that doesn’t even matter because the cover is a jacket that comes off (can use as a small poster) and the original cover is underneath!! I wish all movie-tie ins would do this!!!

6. Did you first see the movie/tv series or did you first read the book?

1. Read the book then saw the movie:

2. Mrs. Doubtfire
  3. My Girl
  4. My Girl 2
  5. Jurassic Park

[Note: My Girl and My Girl 2 by Patricia Hermes were written based on the movie, they were not a book first]

5. Haven’t read the book or seen the movie:

1. Evening
  2. The Awakening
  3. Schindler's List
  4. Seabiscuit
  5. I Am Number Four

7. Do you mostly buy books before or after a movie/tv series has been released?

Both, I try to read the book first but that doesn’t always happen. Most time I didn’t realize it was a book (which is a nice feeling if you love the movie) Overall I don’t mind because I learned to appreciate both the movie and the book in their own rights.

*** This tag was created by bookswithclaire on youtube ***