In this tag, you show all your movie/tv tie-in edition books and answer questions about them :) [ I don’t prefer movie or tv tie-in editions of books and usually switch them out for their original/better covers. There are a few books in which I actually prefer the movie/tv cover. ]
1. How many TV and movie tie-ins do you own?
2. Which one did you like the most?
I’m not sure I can just pick one… this is hard but one of my favorite books is:
[ Luckily, I now also own the original cover with this one! I plan on giving my movie tie-in edition away] [ The same goes for Marley & Me by John Grogan I own the movie cover and I have the beautiful cloth bound edition shown above]
3. Did the character shown in the movie or television series meet your expectations?
I think this questions pertains to the book you picked in the second question, but I’m going to answer this question to a few books I want to mention.
1. Eat, Pray, Love: Julie Roberts is one of my favorite actresses so I loved her playing Elizabeth Gilbert.
2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower: I think the actors were perfect for the characters in the book, especially Charlie!!
3. Shutter Island: This movie and book are excellent! I also love Leo, so he was a perfect Teddy!
I actually feel like I can say of all the books I read in which I seen the movie, I wasn’t disappointed in any of the characters that I can think of. At least out of these books.
4. Show two books you want to read soon.
[Out of these 26, I haven’t read 10 of them and these are the ones I want to read the most out of them]
5. What is your favorite tv or movie tie-in cover? And why?
The reason is first of all I love the show more than the books, so I don’t mind the show cover. But that doesn’t even matter because the cover is a jacket that comes off (can use as a small poster) and the original cover is underneath!! I wish all movie-tie ins would do this!!!
6. Did you first see the movie/tv series or did you first read the book?
1. Read the book then saw the movie:
- Never Let Me Go
- The Silver Linings Playbook
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- Like Water for Chocolate
- Eat, Pray, Love
2. Saw the movie then read the book:
- Mystic River
- Warm Bodies
- The Pianist
- The Wedding Date
- Shutter Island
- Gossip Girl Series
- Marley & Me
- Practical Magic
3. Read the book haven’t seen the movie:
- The Painted Veil
- Angela's Ashes
4. Saw the movie haven’t read the book
- The English Patient
- Mrs. Doubtfire
- My Girl
- My Girl 2
- Jurassic Park
[Note: My Girl and My Girl 2 by Patricia Hermes were written based on the movie, they were not a book first]
5. Haven’t read the book or seen the movie:
- The Awakening
- Schindler's List
- I Am Number Four
7. Do you mostly buy books before or after a movie/tv series has been released?
Both, I try to read the book first but that doesn’t always happen. Most time I didn’t realize it was a book (which is a nice feeling if you love the movie) Overall I don’t mind because I learned to appreciate both the movie and the book in their own rights.
*** This tag was created by bookswithclaire on youtube ***