SPOILER ALERT!

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Outlander - Diana Gabaldon

Goodness this book is way too long, can't believe she goes on for 6/7ish more books! When I began reading I was hooked, until the middle when there was just too much sex happening and I was seeing a little Christian Grey (from 50 Shades of Grey) in Jamie (Not a fan of Christian Grey btw). And then it just dragged on and on and on.... and not much to keep me reading except I can't just not finish a book I start. Jamie was pretty much just getting beating up throughout the whole book... It wasn't horrible, I would of liked it better if it was shorter and there was more mystery/anticipation to it. There was not enough build up between Claire and Jamie... and I wished she went back to her time with Frank, would of liked to see how that played out. And she got accustomed to that lifestyle way too fast, it wasn't believable enough for me. There were some good parts, and good writing and I appreciate all the research that must of went into this, but I was just hoping for more. It definitely needed more twists and turns... It will be awhile before I pick up the next book in the series.