Booktube-a-thon Wrap Up

The Invention of Hugo Cabret - Brian Selznick To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee Flipped - Wendelin Van Draanen Landline - Rainbow Rowell

I failed guys, I failed. I only read 3 books and started another one during the readathon! I only completed 3 challenges too. I didn't participate as much as I was hoping - but when I did I had fun! I had a pretty busy week and I also didn't want to force myself to read and end up not appreciating the books as much. I'm still happy with the 3 books I read and ended up loving each of them so that makes me more happy :)

What I read:

1. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick

(Challenge completed: Book with pictures AND book with red on the cover)

2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

(Challenge completed: Book from a genre you read the least from this year)

3. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen

(Half counted towards a challenge: Books to movie adaptations - I didn't watch the movie during the week but I had already seen the film years ago before I read the book - EEK)

And I Started:

4. Landline by Rainbow Rowell

(This was the book people picked out for me on twitter, only read 25% of it before the booktubeathon ended, but 50% of the way now and just loving it!)

My Original TBR:

1. The Invention of Hugo Cabret (read)

2. To Kill a Mockingbird (read)

3. Landline (currently reading)

4. How I Live Now by Meg Rosnoff (TBR)

- So I was supposed to read this for my book to movie adaptation and I read 16 pages of it and couldn't get into to it so I didn't want to force myself. It is a super short book so I may still read it before the month ends, but I'm in no rush. We'll see if I'm in the mood - the movie still looks decent and I do want to see it

5. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (TBR)

- I was having the hardest time getting into this book so I put it down. I did try going back to it and pushing myself to get through it (I had heard it's a slow start but gets better) but I just couldn't connect with it. (I didn't even get to page 30) I was impatient and I'm someone who needs to connect right away. But I have pushed myself through some books with good payoff - I don't know. I still want to read this one day because I've heard amazing things! If you have read this, how long did it take for you to get into it?

So those were the 5 on my original TBR, Flipped wasn't on it but I'm so glad I picked it up!

So all in all, I had fun - not as successful as last year but it was still fun! I barely watched any updates too - so I'll be catching up on wrap ups!

Did you read any of these books? Did you partcipate in the Booktubeathon? How did you do?