Book Review: Landline by Rainbow Rowell

Landline - Rainbow Rowell

Summary: Landline is about a woman named Georgie who is struggling in her marriage with her husband Neal. When he takes their daughters and goes to visit his mom in another state, Georgie begins to think about their problems and what she can do to fix their marriage. While Neal is away, Georgie calls him on an old yellow landline that's in her childhood bedroom and soon realizes she's talking to Neal from 15 years in the past when they first split up for a week in 1998...

“Wasn't that the point of life? To find someone to share it with?

And if you got that part right, how far wrong could you go? If you were standing next to the person you loved more than everything else, wasn't everything else just scenery?”

Review: Like all Rainbow Rowell books, I really enjoyed this one and devoured it! I love the way she writes, how real and relatable her characters are, so many cute moments, and hard to put down! I loved the storyline and the characters and so much about this book :) I loved how Georgie was talking to Neal in the past - their phone conversations made me nostalgic for when my boyfriend and I used to spend hours on the phone back when we first got together 7 years ago :) Those were really cute moments! But it wasn't as cutesy and happy as some of her others. All her books seem to deal with some deeper issues but this one was just a bit deeper. I really related with Georgie and the struggles she was going through and just loved all the minor characters - her best friend Seth, her sister Heather, her mother, and her daughters Alice and Noomi. It was an overall enjoyable read and I hope she never stops writing!! (especially adult chick lit like this one and her first novel, Attachments) She's definitely one of my favorite authors! The only drawbacks to her novels are she always leaves me wanting more - the endings are never enough for me! Either their isn't enough closure, not everything is explained, and/or I just miss the story and characters when I'm finished! But that doesn't take away my love for her writing and books! I cannot wait until she writes the next one :)

Have you read this (or any other book by Rainbow Rowell?) What did you think?