Book Review: Where the Stars Still Shines by Trish Doller

Where the Stars Still Shine - Trish Doller

Summary: Where the Stars Still Shine is about a girl named Callie who has been on the run with her mother for most of her life and one day her mother gets taken in by the police and Callie is sent to live with her father, who is a stranger to her. While living with her dad and meeting different people - Callie begins to understand what a real family should be and what real love should be like.

“There are so many maybes in life, but sometimes you just have to put your faith in possibility.”

Review: This book was beautiful! I was nervous that I wouldn't like it at first because I usually stay away from (or don't like) books that have characters that live a certain kind of rough life (for personal reasons) but thankfully, I pushed through and ended up loving this book! I had a hard time putting it down! I thought the story was going in a different direction, but once Callie goes home with her dad the story is brought to life. I really love the family dynamic in this story - first how Callie's family is Greek which was refreshing since I don't read a lot of culturally diverse books and her family is accepting and loving but not perfect - just how a family should be. I love the characters, their growth throughout the novel and the way they feel real. And the romance. SIGH. I love Alex Kosta

although it is a tad weird that technically he is Callie's Step Uncle...

(show spoiler)

) They were beautiful though - I loved their relationship :) I think I just met a new fictional boyfriend! Besides the romance, the family and friendships in this story were really great to read about! However, I really wanted more - the ending was a bit abrupt with not enough closure for me but enough that I could see the direction it was taking but I'd still love a sequel to the book! This book put me through a lot of emotions - it made me swoon, it made me cry, and it made me feel proud of the characters and their growth throughout the story! I highly recommend this book especially if you like books like Making Faces by Amy Harmon, Katie McGarry books, - other romantic books with deeper issues that just make you feel!

Have you read this or Something Like Normal by Trish Doller? What did you think?