Under-Hyped Reads Readathon Wrap Up!

The War at Ellsmere - Faith Erin Hicks Where the Stars Still Shine - Trish Doller Skim - Mariko Tamaki, Jillian Tamaki

For more information on this check my other post: http://msbooklover89.booklikes.com/post/937329/under-hyped-readathon Basically it was a readathon that went on for one week hosted by RamblingsofanElfPire on Youtube where you read books that have under 5,000 or at least 10,000 ratiings on goodreads!

I didn't even think I was going to join in, but I did and managed to read a book and 2 graphic novels. I planned to read one other book and another graphic novel but didn't get around to it. I started rereading The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks instead - I just needed one of his books in my life :) These are the books I did read:

2 graphic novels:

1. The War at Ellsmere by Faith Erin Hicks (2.5 stars)

- This one was just okay - typical high school setting/read but I do want to read more of her work!

2. Skim by Mariko and Jillian Tamaki (2.5 stars)

- Another one that was just okay - I definitely liked their other graphic novel, This One Summer much better but will continue reading their work!

1 book:

1. Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller (4.5 stars)

- I am sooo glad that I finally read this book! I've heard about it in the blogging community and got it on my kindle when it was on sale. Glad that this readathon pushed me to read this beautiful book! :)

I didn't get a chance to read the other graphic novel I planned, Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong nor did I read the novel, Distant Waves on my TBR. I may still read Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong before it's due at the library. I started Distant Waves and liked it so far, I just wasn't in the mood to read it so will pick it up eventually! But I still call it a success since I at least got to read one really good book that I don't know when I would have gotten to it!

Hope you all had a great reading week!! Hoping to squeeze in one more book before the month is over :)

- Jess