ARC Review: My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins

My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories - David Levithan, Kelly Link, Ally Carter, Jenny Han, Matt de la Pena, Gayle Forman, Laini Taylor, Stephanie Perkins, Kiersten White, Myra McEntire, Holly Black, Rainbow Rowell

Title: My True Love Gave to Me: 12 Holiday Stories

Edited by: Stephanie Perkins

Authors: Stephanie Perkins, Rainbow Rowell, Holly Black, David Leviathan, Laini Taylor, Kelly Link, Gayle Forman, Jenny Han, Myra McEntire, Ally Carter, Kiersten White, and Matt de le Pena

Release Date: October 14, 2014

(Available for pre-order)

Goodreads page - (Check out the giveaway going on from Aug 4-19th)

Genre: Fiction. Mostly contemporary (some fantasy stories)

*I received an e-arc copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for a review*

Summary: My True Love Gave to Me is a collection of 12 short stories by various authors that revolve around the holidays (from Yuletide - New Years). The stories are all individual and are mostly contemporary stories with a few fantasy ones mixed in!

From Goodreads: "If you love holiday stories, holiday movies, made-for-TV-holiday specials, holiday episodes of your favorite sitcoms and, especially, if you love holiday anthologies, you’re going to fall in love with MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME: TWELVE HOLIDAY STORIES by twelve bestselling young adult writers, edited by international bestselling author Stephanie Perkins."

Review: I really enjoyed this collection of short stories that made me nostalgic for the holidays! I am really glad that I got the opportunity from Netgalley to read this early since many of my favorite authors have written a story for this anthology! I definitely have a few favorite stories from the bunch and there were a couple I didn't particularly enjoy as much as the others. I liked that they all had a cute romance involved in their story because I'm a sucker for romance! I also really liked that they were a good mix of different stories - there was a country story, a story set in college, a story set in a family restaurant, and even one set on the North Pole! I really appreciated that a lot of the stories included diverse characters which you don't see a lot in YA as well. Some of these stories made me swoon, made me laugh, made me tear up, and many of them made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :) I am very impressed with this bunch and how most of them showed a lot of depth with their characters and had heart to their stories! I will say that there were a few that didn't give me the closure I wanted and some really made me wish for a whole book but that didn't take away from my overall experience. Those already familiar with some of these authors work definitely won't be disappointed with their stories! Overall, I really liked it (and gave the majority of the stories at least 4 stars) and I think a lot of people will enjoy it and want to read it over the Holidays! I feel like with this anthology there's a story for everyone to relate to and enjoy and highly recommend checking this one out come October 14!!

Also!!! I love the cover and just realized that each of the couples skating on the ice, are the couples from each story :D Perfection!!

Note: Since this book doesn't come out until a little over two months away, I wanted to give an overall review of the book as a whole and didn't want to focus on individual stories. Closer to the release date, I may do another review sharing what some of my favorite stories are and what I thought of each one! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments!

I hope you all check this one out come October and the Holidays :)

Happy Reading!