Book Review: The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

The Rosie Project - Graeme Simsion

Summary: The Rosie Project is about a man named Don who is approaching 40 and is single. In search for a partner, he creates what is known as "The Wife Project" where he has a bunch of strict requirements in hopes to find his perfect wife. In comes Rosie who doesn't meet any of the requirements and challenges everything Don stands for...

"Don seems nice."

Excellent I was doing well.

"Just a friend." said Rosie.

If she knew how many friends I had, she might have realized what a great compliment she has paid me.

Review: I adored this book! Don has my heart!! It was a bit difficult at first getting used to the way Don thought (as it's in first person and because of his scientific way of thinking) but once I did, I had a hard time putting this book down! I loved Don - a great and endearing character! This book is so sweet and enjoyable to read! And man did I laugh out loud A LOT!!! The things that Don does and says is hilarious!!! And his growth throughout the book is amazing. I love all the characters and just Don's perspective on life was so interesting! And the love story, is just one of my favorites :) So many cute moments!! This needs to be turned into a movie, I can definitely see it as it read like a romantic comedy :) I am really looking forward to the sequel, The Rosie Effect that's set to come out in December! YAY!!

I highly recommend this book if you are like me and love romantic comedies :) It may take you a bit to get used to Don's way of thinking but once you do it'll be hard to put down :)

Have you read this? What did you think of it? Can you recommend any other "romantic comedies"?