Discussion: Reading One Book at a Time

Hello bookish friends :)

Generally, I like to read one book at a time. So I can focus on that one book and be totally immersed into the world. Then I feel really accomplished when I finish it and don't have any other books to finish at that time. And then I'm free to peruse my shelves to choose a new book to read....

However, being a mood reader this can be really tough. And a lot of the times I'll find myself in the middle of several books and this honestly stresses me out! I'll start one book, and then another one captures my interest and I need to start it right away - or one book is just really slow (or a really long book) and I need to pick something else up to get through quickly. I want to read all of the books!!! So many books so little time!

I am writing this post... because lately I have been doing really good at only reading one book at a time and have been proud of myself and feeling less stressed. BUT right now I am not totally into the book I'm currently reading and am in the mood to read so many other books at ONCE! And I feel like I'm about to slip back into my bad habit of reading multiple books at once. Nooooo... I can't let this happen! But I also don't want to force myself to get through this book if I'm not feeling it at the moment I don't want to DNF it though - I do want to continue the story. But at the same time I want to read an amazing book that I can't put down and one that I am excited to read!!

I am currently reading the Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness and on page 162 and so far it's just okay. I read the prequel novella, The New World first and I think that was the mistake because it was in another characters perspective so I wanted to continue with that one but the trilogy follows a different character. And I'm not totally loving the plot either. And I just haven't been reading much lately because I'm just not in the mood for this one. On top of that there are SO many books I'm in the mood for: The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks (just saw the new trailer and am so excited for the movie!), Persuasion by Jane Austen (want to read more classics), The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (really want to dive back into this magical world), Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn (I requested it from the library and it's waiting for me to pick it up!), Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (I should be getting this in the mail very soon!), A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin (I want to read an epic fantasy), .... ---- do you see my dilemma!?!

I have no idea how I am going to combat this issue so I'm giving reading a rest for a little bit today while I do other things - I need to stop stressing about this!! Sigh. Life of a Mood Reader....

Do you like to read one book at a time or multiples books at once? Does it stress you out when you are in the middle of a bunch of books? What do you do if you're just not into the book you are reading?

Also have you read the Knife of Never Letting Go? How was it for you in the beginning? Does it get amazing/hard to put down??