Book Review: Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn

Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend, Chapters 1-5 - Katie Finn

Summary: Gemma has to stay with her father for the summer in the Hamptons to her dismay. She doesn't want to go back there because of something that happened 5 years ago. Mistaken to be her best friend, Sophie - she goes along using the name to start anew and make amends with the person she hurt. Little did she know that this summer would entail a certain cute boy, plenty of embarrassing moments, and having to face the truth. This is the first in a trilogy.

Review: I really enjoyed this book - it was a quick and light read that was hard for me to put down! I was worried going into this book that I wouldn't like it since Katie Finn is actually Morgan Matson one of my favorite authors (all her books writing as Morgan MAtson (Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, Second Chance Summer, and Since You've Been Gone) are 5 stars favorites for me) but I kept an open mind for this book knowing it was geared towards a slightly younger crowd and that it would be more light and fluffy and it did deliver a bit more than I was expecting and I was not disappointed! There were definitely some really cute moments (I loved Josh - MM really knows how to write a love interest that I fall for!) and it had me laughing out loud at times as well! Although the plot was predictable and sometimes I just wanted to shake Gemma to just tell the truth already - I still really enjoyed this fun beach read and am really looking forward to the next book!! :D Love the titles too, especially the second one - Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold!! Can't wait to see the cover too!! :) If you are looking for a fun cute and quick read you should pick this up! And if you are worried like I was - I don't think you should be as long as you have an open mind and I think you'll enjoy this book if you already love Morgan Matson and her writing :)

Have you read this book? The Top 8 trilogy? Have you read any of her books under Morgan Matson?