Book Review: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Hopeless - Colleen Hoover

Summary: Hopeless is about a girl named Sky who kisses a lot of guys but never feels anything for any of them until she meets Holder. Holder walks into her life and changes it forever...

“The moment my lips touch yours, it will be your first kiss. Because if you've never felt anything when someone's kissed you, then no one's ever really kissed you. Not the way I plan on kissing you.”

Review: This is the first Colleen Hoover book that I have read and I'm glad I finally read a book by her! I've heard so many good things about this book for a long time and glad to have finally read it! I was persuaded to pick it up because someone on twitter said it was the best book the read this year so far. I immediately picked it up that night and read half the book in a sitting. And then finished it not too long after. I instantly became sucked into the story and the romance! Colleen Hoover has a way of writing that makes you feel every moment as if you are experiencing it yourself! It's amazing! She described perfectly how you feel about another when you are getting to know them and anticipating all of your firsts with that person. It definitely had me reliving moments with my boyfriend back when we first started dating! It was so intense at times, Holder definitely had me falling in love with him! I did enjoy the first half of this book better than the second half. I'm not sure whether it's because I read the first half in one sitting or what. But the storyline started becoming so intense with all the things that started happening. I did not see some of those things coming although they made perfect sense and I felt like I should have seen them coming! I love when a book can surprise me :) But I just felt like Holder became too intense and some of his actions just weren't justified and seemed overly dramatic. This book had me on an emotional roller coaster!! I wish I would have written this review after I finished it because there are things I've already forgotten. I remember I was iffy about how the plot panned out - I don't know I just can't pinpoint what made this book start out as a 5 and end in a 4. But I still love Holder and Sky - it was just so passionate and so intense. And I think I prefer the cutesy love to this kind of love - my heart just can't handle all that intensity. I already knew I couldn't handle this story again so I don't know when I'll read the second book, Losing Hope that is the same story but in Holder's point of view. Eventually I'm sure I'll read it but I can't handle it now. But I do want to read more of her books (and already purchased Maybe Someday)! I do recommend this one though especially if you love passionate intense love and great writing!

P.S. Sorry that this review seems all over the place, I just can't pinpoint my exact feelings on it and also it's like 3am....

Have you read Hopeless - or any other book by Colleen Hoover?