August Reads & September TBR

The Assassin's Blade - Sarah J. Maas My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories - David Levithan, Kelly Link, Ally Carter, Jenny Han, Matt de la Pena, Gayle Forman, Laini Taylor, Stephanie Perkins, Kiersten White, Myra McEntire, Holly Black, Rainbow Rowell The Rosie Project - Graeme Simsion The New World - Patrick Ness Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend, Chapters 1-5 - Katie Finn Hopeless - Colleen Hoover Isla and the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins The Last Song - Nicholas Sparks

It felt like I read so much more than I did this month! I read 7 books and one novella and a little from two other books!

August Reads:

1. The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas (5/5)

- Finally read this and really enjoyed it!! Love this series! [My review]

2. My True Love Gave to Me by Various Authors (4/5)

- I received this e-arc from Netgalley and so happy I did! I loved reading this, you'll definitely want to check this out come October 17 when it releases!! I have some definite favorite stories of the 12 (especially Rainbow Rowell's short story, Midnights!) [My overall review]

3. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (4.5/5)

- This was for the Chick Lits book club and I LOVED it! So cute and funny! [My review]

4. The New World (novella) by Patrick Ness (5/5)

- I absolutely loved this novella, it sucked me into the story. I felt like if a story sucked me in and made me feel this way, the trilogy would probably be amazing! But I think reading this first was a mistake since it was in a different characters perspective (Viola) and I wanted to continue with her story. Still debating whether or not to finish the first book (see below)

5. Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn (4/5)

- I was nervous to read this knowing Katie Finn is actually Morgan Matson (one of my favorite authors) but glad I was open to it and really enjoyed it! [my review]

6. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover (4/5)

- This one took me on a rollar coaster of emotions and I really liked it! Although the intensity was a bit much at times! Definitely checking more books out from this author! [my review]

7. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (4/5)

I had some issues with this but overall I loved it and was really happy how the companion trilogy was concluded! [my review]

8. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks (reread: 5/5)

I was in the mood for a book to make me cry, so of course I turn to Nicholas Sparks :) Whenever I read one of his books - its a good month! :D Loved it just as much as the first time I read it :)

Favorite Read: My True Love Gave to Me, specifically Rainbow Rowell's short story, Midnights :)

Least Favorite Read: The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness (in my currently reading list below)

Currently Reading:

1. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin (219/801 pages)

- I am really enjoying this but I know it will take me awhile to finish it! But I'm excited to finally be reading it :)

2. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness (176/479)

- I'm actually debating whether DNFing this book/trilogy - or just coming back to it when I'm in the mood for it! I'm just not interested enough in the storyline at the moment :/ I don't really connect with Todd the protagonist or the plot. Where is this story going? It's kind of out there and a different writing style!

September TBR:

1. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

- YAY!! So excited this comes out tomorrow, September 2 but I'll be getting it on my kindle at midnight! This is the 3rd book in the Throne of Glass series!

2. Paper Towns by John Green

It's a Book World is hosting a John Green readalong for September and I thought I'd read one of his books since so far I've only read The Fault in Our Stars! [goodreads page]

3. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

- I really hope I can get my hands on this one!! Heard so many good things about it! Requested it from my library, but I'm pretty far down on the list so we'll see!!

And I'm not sure what else I'll read! The Chick Lits book club hasn't announced a book for September, so not sure if we will be reading anything! And I'm in the mood to read a "back to school (college or high school) book" so if I find something that fits, I'll read it! And also maybe a psychological thriller or something different! We'll see :)

***************************

What was your favorite and/or least favorite read of the month? Any book you are looking forward to reading in September? Have you read any of the ones I mentioned?