Top 10: Favorite School Settings

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell Anna and the French Kiss (Anna & the French Kiss 1) by Stephanie Perkins (2014) Paperback - Stephanie Perkins A Great and Terrible Beauty - Libba Bray Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead Perfect Chemistry - Simone Elkeles A Little Princess - Tasha Tudor, Frances Hodgson Burnett Just One Day - Gayle Forman Flipped - Wendelin Van Draanen Something Borrowed - Emily Giffin

Yesterday was Top 5 Wednesday and the topic was fictional schools. I participated on instagram but wanted to make a list of 10 books in which I love the school setting. I really enjoy reading books that take place in a school whether it's high school, college, boarding school, or a magical school.

Since we are in September I've been in the mood to read a book set in college specifically and haven't been able to find the right book yet. I want to read a book where you get to see the characters in dorms, in their college classes, parties etc... Anyone have a recommendation of a book like that??

Well on to my list, I haven't read as many books that are set in a school setting (where the setting is pretty prominent in the book) but here are my 10 favorite:

1. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling (Hogwarts)

- Well obviously Harry Potter would be number one! Not only because Hogwarts is amazing, but reading these books you really get a feel of what it's like studying in school throughout the year - getting your school supplies, first day of classes, tests, what each class is like etc. And I love that. In some books, there classes and such is just a background - but in this series you feel like your in school with them!

2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (freshman year of college)

- This is a perfect book where the main character, Cath is experiencing her freshman year at college. You see her in her dorm meeting her roommate, going to classes, studying, going to the dining hall, her first college party, balancing what is going on in her family with classes, falling in love, trying to get out of her shell, trying to adjust to college life because she's shy and writes fanfiction - all of it is amazing and exactly what you want when you are looking for a book set in college - and a book that describes the next step in your life after high school and going to college for the first time!

3. Anna and the French Kiss (and Isla and the Happily Ever After) by Stephanie Perkins (Boarding school set in Paris)

- A boarding school set in Paris?! How amazing is that!! I love the descriptions of the school, and seeing what is like in the dorms, and classes, and cafeteria and also what they do outside of school. I would love to read more books with school settings outside of my own country to see what its like! (US)

4. The Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray

- This one just happens to be a boarding school set in London, England! I love the descriptions of the school, the fact that this trilogy is historical fiction with a supernatural aspect to it. It's been awhile since i've read this trilogy but I remember absolutely loving the setting of the school and how the school is trying to make the students into civilized ladies.

5. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead

- I also love the school in this one for Vampires and dhampirs (half vampires training to be guardians) I loved that the school was kick-ass and seeing a school with supernatural beings is pretty cool!

6. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

- I love the high school setting and the cliche plot of a bad boy becoming lab partners with a popular girl in Chemistry class and falling in love. I feel like this storyline is used a lot but I still love it - I love when two characters fall in love at school. Reminds me of having crushes on people in High School and meeting my boyfriend in high school. I also love when it happens to be two different characters from opposite sides of the track fall in love.

7. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgsen Burnett

- I love this school setting - where the main characters has to live in a boarding school for young ladies. I love this book so much. I love seeing the school through Sara's eyes and how she started out rich and then goes poor and has to start working at the school. And the friendship she develops with Becky is beautiful and all that happens in this book :)

8. Just One Day by Gayle Forman

- I love that this books starts out during the summer after graduating from high school where she's doing a tour of Europe and falls in love. Then it goes to her first year in college and I love the descriptions of her classes and her dorm and her experience at college!

9. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen

- This one is set in elementary school and I loved when they were at school and how the Julie had a crush on Bryce throughout second-7th grade - it's cute and reminds me of my many crushes during my younger years in school and I just love this book!

10. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin

- Okay technically the majority of this book is not set in college. It's when the main characters are adults. However, I love the flashbacks that the main character has back to her time in college! I loved those moments and just love the love story in this one! One of my favorites :) I just couldn't not include it!

**********************

Have you read any of these? What are you favorite book set during school? Do you have any recommendations for me for a book set at a college?!