Book Review: Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham

Someday, Someday, Maybe - Lauren Graham

Summary: The novel is set in 1995 and about a girl named Franny who lives in New York with her two roommates and is trying to make it in show business. She made a 3 year plan to make it in the business and her deadline is up in 6 months...

“I must work harder to achieve my goal of not seeking approval from those whose approval I'm not even sure is important to me.”

Review: I've been wanting to read this book since it was released because I'm a fan of Lauren Graham as Gilmore Girls is my all time favorite show! I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did! I loved that it was set in 1995 before social media and cell phones plagued the world! I also loved that it was set in New York and how it's about a girl trying to make it in show business. I enjoyed learning a bit about the show business too and how she prepared herself to act and getting a glimpse into that world! I really related to the characters as I'm in the point in my life where I'm trying to figure out what I want to do - and even though she is set on what she wants to do she still struggles trying to make it. She's also over analyzes everything which is something I tend to do A LOT. ! I also really enjoyed reading about her struggles (as they were relate-able), it's was quite funny at times! I loved Franny's growth throughout the novel as well! I also enjoyed her love life and think this would definitely make a great romantic comedy - even though the romance wasn't the main focus in the novel. I was disappointed by the abrupt end - I wanted more closure but I could at least see where things would end up going! Overall I really enjoyed this charming book and definitely recommend it if you enjoy chick lits and if you struggle with trying to figure out what you want to do with your life!

Have you read this book?