Book Review: Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins

Rebel Belle - Rachel Hawkins

Summary: Rebel Belle is about a girl named Harper who's life seemed pretty perfect until one fateful night she becomes a Paladin and is forced to protect the last person she'd ever want to - David Stark - the boy she hated her whole life...

“All superheroes have origin stories, like how Bruce Wayne’s parents get killed and he goes to Tibet or whatever, and Superman is an alien, and Spiderman had that radioactive spider. Me? I kissed a janitor in the school bathroom”

Review: I enjoyed this book overall. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did but at the same time was expecting to enjoy it more than I did. A lot of people were hyping this book up and while I didn't love it as much as others did - I found it really enjoyable. I liked the main character and loved that it was set during the fall time which I don't think is seen enough with books! I also liked that it was set in high school and read like a contemporary with a little paranormal thrown in. I wasn't a huge fan of the paranormal aspect - it felt a little cheesy at times to be honest and not well explained but I went with it. It reminded me of an episode of Buffy or the Vampire Diaries (minus the Vampires) and I really enjoyed that aspect! I really liked the love story too - David is just so cute and I really like his character. There were some really cute moments between the two main characters! I liked the little southern charm this book had as well! I'm not sure how I feel about the twists but I'm looking forward to seeing how this story continues with the next book! I may check out Rachel Hawkins Hex Hall series as well!

I do recommend this book if you enjoy YA and if you aren't expecting anything more than a cute and fun read!

Have you read this book? Have you read the Hex Hall series?