Series I Need to Finish

Daughter of the Forest - Juliet Marillier The Darkest Minds - Alexandra Bracken The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis Angels & Demons - Dan Brown The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye - Tony Moore, Robert Kirkman Confessions of a Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella Pivot Point - Kasie West Night - Marion Wiesel, Elie Wiesel Origins - Julie Plec, L.J. Smith, Kevin Williamson A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin

So I've done My Completed Series post, and a Series I Won't Finish post, now these are the series I need to finish! I also included a section of the series I am caught up with but waiting for the next book to come out and plan on continuing them.

Series I Need to Finish

1. Sevenwaters series by Juliette Marillier (3/6.5 books)

This is probably the series I most want to finish. I've read the first three in the series, Daughter of the Forest, Son of the Shadows, and Child of the Prophecy. It was originally a trilogy but then the author expanded it with Heir to Sevenwaters (book 4), Seer of Sevenwaters (book 5) and the last book, Flame of Sevenwaters. There is also a novella called Twixt Firelight and Water that goes between the last two books that I want to read as well!

2. The Darkest Minds trilogy by Alexandra Bracken (1/3 books (+ 2 novellas))

I read The Darkest Minds last year and while I wasn't blown away with the story, I still enjoyed it and heard it gets better as the series goes. I need to reacquaint myself with the first book and continue on. The one thing that is pushing me to continue is because I love the author. I've seen some interviews with her and just her personality on twitter makes me want to support her work! But that ending really got me and I want to know how the story continues on! The third and final book will be out soon too!

3. Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (2/7 books)

Yup, this is on my list. I remember reading the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe in 4th grade and hating it but I tried it again when I got older and for the most I liked the first two books (The Magicians Nephew and TLTWATW) but it's definitely not a favorite. I haven't really felt the urge to continue except I know I want to complete it because it's beloved and they are short. I heard it gets better as it goes too!

4. The Robert Langdon series by Dan Brown (1/4 books)

I read and enjoyed the Da Vinci Code so I'm interested in picking up the next books but will read them casually whenever I'm in the mood for that type of story. The next one I'll read is Angel's & Demons the first one!

5. The Walking Dead Graphic Novel series by Robert Kirkman (2/A LOT)

Not sure if this series is complete yet to be honest but I enjoyed the first 2 and want to continue but I know it will take a really long time - it's hard getting my hands on the books!

6. Confessions of a Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella (1/7 or more books)

I read the first one years ago and to be honest I didn't enjoy it all that much and wasn't going to finish it. However last year I discovered the author again with her stand alone novels and fell in love with them! And now I she's become one of my favorites and I want to read everything by her! I plan on restarting the Shopaholic series (after I finish all of her stand alone novels (2 to go)) and I am sure I'll enjoy it more this time around!

7. Pivot Point Duology by Kasie West (1/2 books)

I read Pivot Point in June and enjoyed it so I need to get my hands on the sequel! I don't know why I haven't read it already but I'm hoping to by the end of the year! I love Kasie West and that's the only book I need to read and I'll have read all her books thus far!

8. The Night Trilogy by Elie Weisel (1/3 books)

I read Night and found it interesting and a heartbreaking account of someone during the Holocaust and want to continue with the story with the last two books

9. The Stefan Diaries inspired by the Vampire Diaries (1/6)

I read the first one, Origins this year and enjoyed it and want to continue with it. I like that it's more closely related to the show and it's about Stefan, Damon, and Katherine set back in the day. I read the first original Vampires Diaries series by L.J. Smith and enjoyed it but won't be continuing with any of the other dozen spin off series - just this one!

10. A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin (part of the first/6 books)

I put this on here because I'm enjoying the first book and know this will be a series that I'll want to finish!! Even though the last book isn't out yet, I'm sure by the time I finish the first 5 it will be! I'm excited to continue with this one!

I feel like I do a fairly good job at keeping up with series I'm really interested in or giving up on a series if I'm really not that into it! There are so many series out there to waste on ones you aren't enjoying! I don't feel a dire need to finish any of these series I listed but I will eventually get to them! There are still ones I'm debating on finishing (like the Outlander series and the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy) but I'm happy with the amount I've read and that I don't feel the pressure to continue on!

******

Series I'm Caught Up With

1. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (3/5 books)

- This is one of my favorite series and I'm so excited for the last book, Winter to come out next year (November 2015) such a long wait!! But Fairest, a prequel about Queen Levana comes out in January 2015 so I'm really excited to read that one as well! The only thing I need to read is Captain Thorne's short story that was only in the Target edition of Cress! Annoying, hope everyone will be able to read it soon!!

2. Miss Peregrine's series by Ransom Riggs (2/?)

- I'm not sure how long this series will be but I'm really enjoying it so far and excited to continue with it! I can see this being a long series!

3. Winger duology by Andrew Smith (1/2 books)

- I read Winger last year and loved it and he's writing a sequel that will be out next year!

4. The Rosie Project duology by Graeme Simsion (1/2 books)

I read The Rosie Project last month and the sequel, the Rosie Effect will be out sometime before the end of the year and I'm looking forward to reading it!

5. The Diviners Quartet by Libba Bray (1/4 books)

I loved the Diviners, one of my favorites - I'm not sure when the second book will be out because there isn't a set release date yet! It was supposed to come out somewhere around this time but has been postponed :/

6. the 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (1/? books)

This was the last book I read last year and I'm looking forward to continuing! I know the sequel, the Infinite Sea comes out tomorrow and I won't be picking it up right away but I will eventually as I'm looking forward to seeing how the story continues. So far I haven't heard the greatest things from early reviewers so that's another reason I'm not picking it up right away!

7. Rebel Belle series by Rachel Hawkins (1/? books)

I just read Rebel Belle and enjoyed it and want to continue with the series! Not sure when the next one is coming out!

8. Broken Hearts series by Katie Finn (1/3 books)

I read Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend in August and really enjoyed it and will continue with the trilogy! Plus it's really Morgan Matson - one of my fave authors :)

9. The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas (2/6 books)

Okay so technically I'm not all caught up with this series. Heir of Fire, the 3rd book just came out on 9/2 and I started it but put it down because I wasn't in the mood for it and I don't know why! But I've read the first two books, the set of 5 prequel novellas and even two short scenes! I will get to Heir of Fire but am in no hurry at the moment because I have to wait a year for the next one anyway...

10. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion (1/? books)

This ones tricky because I know it's going to be turned into a series and he already wrote a prequel for it that I haven't read yet but really want to. I don't know when the next ones coming out and he said it's going to be really different so I'm nervous about that but I do want to continue with his work!

******

I think that's it - that's all I can think of at the moment! Not too many on the list in my opinion so I'm happy about that but I still need to finish them! There are soooo many series that I want to start but I think I will just make a post of the top 10 series I want to start because it would be crazy listing all the ones I want to read!

Have you read any of these series? Any series on your list that you are dying to finish?