Top Ten Tuesday: Authors That I've Only Read One Book From But Need to Read More!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

where mostly bookish topics are picked - and you show your top ten!

This week's topic is... top ten authors that you've only read one book from but want to read more of their books! If I find a new potential favorite author, I'm usually pretty quick to read more books from them. (Case in Point: In late August I read Hopeless by Colleen Hoover and needed to read more from her so I read Maybe Someday in the beginning of this month!) I love finding new fave authors and reading all of their books - I've done this with many! And I do have many that I'm close to finishing all their books! The authors on my list are authors I want to read more from but I'm nervous about some of them. Some authors have just one book for me and I get nervous reading a second book from certain authors if the book I read was amazing. (For example, I read Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen and absolutely loved it and wanted to read more from her, I read Riding Lessons and hated it - I was bored to tears! Couldn't make myself read the sequel. So I feel like she only has one book for me) When I read an authors most praised book that's when it makes me nervous to read more. Well anyway, on to the list!:

Top Ten Authors That's I've Only Read One Book From & Need to Read More

1. Rachel Hawkins

-------------------------------

- I just read Rebel Belle this month and really enjoyed it and really want to check out her Hex Hall series and am looking forward to the next book in the Rebel Belle series, Miss Mayhem!

2. Gillian Flynn

----------------------------------

- I read Gone Girl earlier this year and really enjoyed it and want to read her other two books, Dark Places and Sharp Objects! I want to see how they compare and also want my mind to blow again!

3. Matthew Quick

-----------------------------------

- I read Silver Linings Playbook last year and really enjoyed it! I've heard some good things about his other books and want to give them a go! But I'm also at the same time not in a hurry to but one day I will read more of his work!

4. John Green

--------------------------------

- I've read the Fault in Our Stars last year and enjoyed it - it wasn't a favorite like it is for a lot of people but I do want to read more of his work! I worry that TFIOS is his most praised but I'm interested to see what else he's got! Hopefully I'll get around to one of his books this month (probably Paper Towns) for the John Green readalong hosted by It's a Book World

5. Neil Gaiman

--------------------------

- I've been meaning to check out more of his work for awhile and just haven't gotten around to it! Maybe this fall... I read and enjoyed Coraline! But I'm nervous because there's so many mixed reviews on a lot of his books!

6. Amy Harmon

---------------------------

- I read Making Faces earlier this year and it's definitely one of my favorites and I need to check out more of her books! But I'm nervous they won't live up to Making Faces...

7. Trish Doller

-------------------------

- I really enjoyed Where the Stars Still Shine and really want to read Something Like Normal and continue with her work!

8. Benjamin Alire Saenz

-------------------------------------------

- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe is one of the best books I've ever read and this makes me extremely nervous to check out any of his other books because I don't think they could live up to A & D.

9. Ruta Sepetys

-----------------------------

- I read and loved Between Shades of Gray last year and heard good things about Out of Easy. I'm not sure what genre Out of Easy is but that's one thing that makes me nervous. I read a good amount of WWII/Holocaust fiction and when an author writes a book in that genre, I'll read it but scared to read their other work because it's usually not in the same genre. (i.e. Tatiana De Rosnay - Sarah's Key is one of my favorite books but I tried The Secret Keeper and it wasn't the same genre and I just got bored with the book)

10. Jennifer E. Smith

-------------------------------------

- Now I read This is What Happy Looks Like and thought it was okay - it was cute read like a Disney Channel movie but she didn't become a favorite author. But I really like her storylines and I will admit those covers really draw me in. I love them therefore I must read them! I at least know what to expect from her writing!

********************

Well there's my list of ten authors! There are some other authors that I do want to check out more of their work, but these are the ones I most want to!

What authors would make your list? Any of these? Have you read any books from these authors?