Book Review: Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Ugly Love - Colleen Hoover

Summary: Tate moves in with her brother for college. She stumbles into his friend named Miles who she ends up making an arrangement with. Sex with no strings attached. Two rules, Tate cannot ask about his past and she can't expect a future. But of course it's not that easy...

“Love isn't always pretty. Sometimes you spend all your time hoping it'll eventually be something different. Something better. Then, before you know it, you're back to square one, and you lost your heart somewhere along the way.”

Review: I devoured this book in less than a day! I can now say that Colleen Hoover is one of my favorite authors - her writing is so addicting! I loved the love story in this one and highly recommend it!!

I love Tate and Miles. I love their first meeting, how she came to her brother's apartment and he was passed out drunk leaned against the front door. It was funny and made me really curious about Miles. I loved their arrangement - I always enjoy the "no strings attached" type of relationships! I also liked that it was in both of their perspectives - although Miles POV was mostly from his past. It was hard reading about his past since it dealt with his first love, but the more I read the more I understood and became okay with it. (I am a "there's only one person out their for you" type of girl!) There were so many cute moments between them and lots of passion!

Let's talk about the passion. Okay, okay by passion I mean sex. Because there was a lot of it in this book! Now I'm not usually one to like this in books, I prefer the "Nicholas Sparks" version of sex in books where we know the characters are going to do it, but we don't witness every detail. (Fifty Shades of Gray definitely scarred me in that department). But I am slowly reading books in the NA genre which more often than not, has sex scenes. I will admit that it still kind of embarrasses me - but let's face it - sex is a part of life! And while some books seem to include sex scenes just for the sake of it, I really feel the passion in Colleen Hoover's books. It feels really "real" and raw and definitely not just thrown in there! It is fairly explicit in this book, but it just feels so romantic and passionate!!

This book broke my heart. I can't really go into it because it would be spoilery. But man, this book tore my heart out. I was reading this certain part at work and I don't know how I didn't burst into tears. Since I knew I was at work, I didn't let it sink in. But it made me numb the rest of the day :/ Man, Colleen Hoover really knows how to pull at your heartstrings in so many different ways!!

This story really centered around the two main characters romance - but I loved the other characters - Tate's overprotective brother, Corbin and especially Cap - the eighty year old man. He really added to the book, and he shared some wise words and their was a very special moment with him that made me heart happy! I love how this book ended as well :) Just BEAUTIFUL.

I also loooooove the song written and performed by Griffin Peterson (he also made a soundtrack for her other book, Maybe Someday) for this book also called Ugly Love. I can't stop listening to it. It's beautiful! Listen and tell me you don't want to read this book: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTEs_QhWw1A

I've been waiting for you
to come and pull me back down
all the weight of the truth
is taking me to the ground

Overall I really enjoyed this book and highly recommend her books!! I just need to read Losing Hope and her Slammed trilogy (4 more books) to be caught up with her books and I hope to by the time her next book comes out, Confess that releases in March 2015! That's definitely doable since I seem to just devour her books!!

Have you read this book? Any other Colleen Hoover book? How do you feel about sex scenes in books?